cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first sale -- Am I getting scammed?

First, the shipping cost for the item that I am selling is $7. The buyer paid the $7, but PayPal kept $6, so I have to pay the shipping myself, what the heck?

Second, the buyer messaged me and said that his address changed but he did not update it on his eBay account. What do I do?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

@smittyblack wrote:

First, the shipping cost for the item that I am selling is $7. The buyer paid the $7, but PayPal kept $6, so I have to pay the shipping myself, what the heck?

Second, the buyer messaged me and said that his address changed but he did not update it on his eBay account. What do I do?

Thanks

The buyer wants you to send to another address and not the PP transaction details page address showing for shipping?

To fix that then you need to just cancel the entire transaction using Buyer address issue as the reason, process the refund.

The drop down on the RH side of your sold items summary page has a link to cancel. (under more actions)

Make sure you sure buyer address issue as the reason.

As for the shipping cost and item cost problem, for that I would have to look into at the listing, after I do I will edit this response to add info.

EDIT

@smittyblack

Item cost is 139.

shipping is  7.15 to me.

PP fee is 2.9% of purchase price plus 30 cents transaction fee.

Ebay fee is 10% of selling price

10% of shipping cost .71 ccents.

You also are subject to PP holds on funds being a new acct, so make sure to ship with tracking & only to the PP transaction details address showing for *ship to*

Always log directly into your PP acct to verify payments and see the "Okay to ship" or "ship now" to xxxx  address showing.

The address showing in yor PP account is the only one you ever want to use for shipping, if the buyer makes a mistake or requests a change of address after they have made payment always cancel as buyer address issue.

I think when you relist you should consider limiting shipping to just US only for now when your acct is subject to funds being held for up to 21 days.

Not all countries you have available have any tracking to show delivery.

Your funds could be held for the full 21 days in that case.

Forgot to add you need to adjust your shipping /handling time as well.

Presently shows as same day shipping which is in conflict with what is stated in your description

Answers (0)