cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback manipulation qualifications?

Hi all!

Before I take the steps to report a member for feedback manipulation, I wanted to make sure I'm understanding the rules. I don't want to get someone in trouble if I'm in the wrong.

Here's the deal: I ordered a cowboy/fedora style Hat from a vendor in Hong Kong approximately a month ago. It was listed as Wool Blend and the buy it now option was for around $5, $1.99 shipping. I was not expecting to receive a high end Hat, but I was expected one I could actually wear. When my package arrived a few weeks after purchase, it was a tiny plastic bag type of packaging, around 5" by 6". The hat was stuffed inside, practically rolled into a ball. The materlial was not Wool Blend, it was some sort of synthetic felt (I work in fashion, I know my fabrics). I took photos right away and sent the seller a friendly note, asking if they had any advice for straightening out the material. I explained that mornally I would iron a wool hat, but knowing that the fabric was synthetic and would melt from the heat, I wondered if they could advise.

The response was demeaning. The seller told me to "use my hand to straighten it out". We exchanged a handful of emails, they went from telling me that all hats  everywhere are shipped bunched up (not true) to explaining that if they had me send it back or refunded me they would lose too much money on the order. Finally, they offered me a $3 partial refund. At this point I was frustrated with dealing with them and told them that's better than nothing. The hat is unwearable. The fabric is completely damaged and from the research I've done it doesn't look like there is a method that can be used to fix it, without potentially ruining the synthetic fabric. I told them I'd accept the refund, explaining that the hat is going in the trash unless they want it back. I proceeded to leave negative feedback (my first time ever, and I've bought around 200 items).

I just received an email from them offering a full refund if I change my review. Am I wrong in being upset by this? I'm not sure if I misunderstood something, but from what I've read on the guidelines, isn't that feedback manipulation?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! This is the first issue I've had with a member!! Honestly, I feel really uncomfortable about the situation.

Thank you for reading my super long question, I wanted to make sure I was as detailed as possible.

EDIT:

Thank you for the responses! The seller DID issue a $3 PARTIAL refund a few days ago, stating that he would only issue a partial refund because he didn't want to lose money on the order. He went on to explain that many sellers are too "stupid" to use products bought in China and shouldn't have to pay for said stupidity.

After getting that nasty response, I left him negative feedback. Hours after leaving the negative feedback I received an message from him saying, "I will issue a full refund if you change your feedback. We take our feedback very seriously and do not appreciate a negative review." I have not responded. Instead I took to this member to member discussion area for advice on how to proceed. I hope this clears up the questions!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)