cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay not following their own guidlines?

Hi guys, I listed an item and someone bought it.  They complained that it did not match the item description (even though it did), and reported me so I could give them a refund, which I never argued, I just want the item back then.  This was in one of the messages sent to me by eBay: "The buyer has been asked to return the item to you. Once tracking shows the item has been delivered to you, the buyer will be issued a full refund".  Here is the problem, today I got a message and ebay has taken the refund out of my account even though I never received my item back (I have also never received a tracking number".  Does ebay just give people their money back without question or proof of return?

Nowhere does it say or was I told to provide a shipping label for the return, this is what I received...

Refund the buyer

If a buyer wants a refund for an item that didn't match the listing description:

• We ask the buyer to ship the item back to you—with tracking information—within 5 business days.

• Your refund to the buyer is the total purchase price plus the original shipping charge.

You're also required to pay for the return shipping charges and you can't charge a restocking fee.

Refund the buyer within 6 business days of receiving a returned item. If the buyer didn't pay with PayPal, refund the buyer using the same payment method used to buy the item. Refunding the buyer using the original payment method prevents a buyer from getting 2 refunds—one from you and one from the credit card company.

Once the buyer receives the refund and the return request is complete, you receive a final value fee credit.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)