cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does this RV purchase seem legitimate?

I had the following interaction with a seller through Craigslist. Does this sound legitimate? Email response was as follows:

"The motor home was posted on Ebay but the winner was a time waster.That is why the motor home is posted only on Craigslist now.The title and all the  paperwork will come along with the motor home,it is in perfect working condition, oil was changed last month and no scratches or dents. Below are the motor home photos and after talking with eBay, it sounds like the transaction works like this: You need to send me your FULL NAME, shipping ADDRESS and phone number. I will forward them to eBay so we can initiate our transaction with them. Once the transaction has started, we will both receive further instructions about it  including a payment invoice and bill of sale. You will need to make the payment to eBay as eBay will give me the shipping instructions to start the shipping. I will ship the motor home to your address and after you receive it, you'll have 5 days to inspect it; drive it and check its' documents before actually deciding to keep it. During this whole time eBay will hold your money in their trust account. If you're satisfied with the rv and decide to keep it, you will need to inform eBay about this, and eBay will release the entire amount of money to me.

If the motor home is not as I described it and you decide not to keep it, then eBay will refund your deposit in full, no questions asked and shipping back the motor home will be my concern.

Please take into consideration and remember that I will get paid only AFTER you receive the motor home and confirm that you indeed want to keep the motor home after the inspection period. We are both covered. Sorry for the long email as I have tried to explain the entire process."

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

S C A M.

Stop talking to that person.  Did you read all the scam alerts on Craig's List?

If the listing is not on ebay, ebay has nothing to do with Craig's List.

There are no ebay agents/escrow/warehouse.

Answers (0)