cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers not understanding eBay's wording: "Will Arrange for Local Pickup Only, (No Shipping)"

I sold a "Buy It Now" item that was for "local pickup only", as it would be cost prohibitive to pack and ship. My buyer paid in advance with PayPal the same day it sold, but there was no instructions/messages about taking possession.  I sent a couple of messages over two days inquiring about his/her interntions. I finally heard back yesterday with this reply:  "Sorry.... I have no way of picking up. I'm in Pa. Any suggestion !!!! Thank you."  Ok, I have to vent first: As sellers, should we have to wonder what the buyer was thinking? Did they fail to read or understand the wording eBay provided? I also clearly stated in my description that I could arrange to deliver it to nearby areas. I mentioned city boundary points located outside "Aberdeen, WASHINGTON" (where the item is located). The buyer, 2700 miles away in Pennslyvania, is obviously clueless and means no trouble. I will probably do a PayPal refund. I would like to know if these type of PayPal refunds are going to ding my stats AND, what can I put in my listing that would make it crystal clear that the item will not be SHIPPED by a carrier. Thanks for your input!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)