cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auction ended early due to ebay power outage

DId anyone else have a problem with their auctions ending early on October 29th? I had two auctions that ended during that time period that in the last 10 minutes suddenly were removed. One of the items had 12 watchers. One of the bidders contacted me to tell me that he was not able to increase his bid because of this problem.  The winning bidder had bid a couple hours before the power outage. The bidder that contacted me claims they were going to bid $14 more than what the item sold for. Based on the email from ebay below I am wondering if I can cancel this transaction without the winning bidders approval. I am wondering if anyone else has canceled transactions due to this power outage.

From Ebay:

On Thursday, October 29, from 6:50 PM PT to 8:54 PM PT, one of our data centers experienced a power outage. Due to this outage, a number of eBay users experienced difficulties when trying to take advantage of certain functions available on eBay.com.

As a seller impacted by this outage, know that this situation has been resolved, and that no action is required by you. Additionally, we are working diligently to make things right, as follows:

• We will automatically credit all associated fees for listings that were scheduled to end on Thursday, October 29 between 6:45 PM PT through 9:00 PM PT. These fee credits will apply to:
    • Auction-style listings that ended within this window of time (except those that sold for a Buy It Now price).
    • Fixed price listings that ended within this window of time without a sale (with the exception of 30-day and Good 'Til Cancelled listings).

Credits will be applied to your account by November 5 and reflected on your next invoice.

• Any transaction defects we can identify as resulting from this event will be removed and not impact your performance record, as follows:
    • 'Item Not Received' Money Back Guarantee cases that we determine are the result of this situation will be de-scored, and will not count towards your seller performance rating.
    • Any transaction you cancel because of this event will not impact your seller performance rating.
    • Top Rated Sellers: If--due to this issue--you were unable to upload tracking information to eBay within your stated handling time, your Top Rated status and Top Rated Plus discounts will be protected.

We understand the impact that situations like this can have on your business, and we sincerely apologize for this disruption.

As always, thank you for being a part of the eBay community.

Sincerely,

Steve Boehm
Senior Vice President
Global Customer Experience

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)