cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what does cd or icd mean on 10k gold jewery

i have several   pieces of jewelry i am having a hard time identifying. what does ocd or 1cd  i'm not sure what the letters are, mean on a 10k gold bracelet?IMG_3322.JPG

what does a diamond shape with an F in it mean? what does UTC CHINA with 923, it is a 3 not a 5,mean it is a bracelet,gold with opals in it, IMG_3233.JPGwhat does 10k with RGE, it is not HGE, miean?IMG_3324.JPG what does DBJ and 925 on gold bracelet mean? Also have one  marked 14k but i can't tell what the mark is after that.IMG_3212.JPG i would appreciate any help. I have looked for hours and for days on some of these plus I have more. have a great evening and God bless. thanks again for any help.  

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
2 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Don't know much about fine jewelry but here are my best guesses :

RGE= Rolled Gold Electroplate

UTC China,,I just found this right now on another site=

UTC is the care instructions.

U = do not use an ultrasound machine to clean the ring.

T = Avoid sudden changes in temperature

C = do not expose the ring to chemicals, including perfumes or hairsprays.

As for the cd icd. I think I see a little tail on that first letter.I actually think it is QCD =

Quality Color Design, Inc.

Could we see the actual pieces themselves,,it helps sometimes.

You can't fix crazy but you sure can document it.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@txhornet11

I would agree with @change4charlie on the "QCD" marking.

QCD = Quality Color Design Inc New York NY
RGE = Rge Inc Long Island City, NY

As for the "923" marking. Best guess maybe it indicates 92.3% purity level but as far as I know there's no such established marking for gold, white or yellow. If it was silver would make more sense since 925 is a very common marking for silver.

That last one, I have no idea and even zooming up the photo I can't really make it out. Looks like some kind of logo maybe.

The longer I'm on eBay, the more convinced I am that idiocy in the world is growing at an alarming rate. No where is it more visible than the view from eBay itself.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I would post your questions under Discussion Boards - Fashion section.   You could also take to a local jewelry store for evaluation.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Actually, this is a good place to post the question. If no one can help I think the idea of taking it to a jeweler is a good one, go to a local one, not a mall jeweler. They can test the metal for you. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I have a resource page of makers marks for costume pieces - I will post it this evening (cant access it at work).

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Don't know much about fine jewelry but here are my best guesses :

RGE= Rolled Gold Electroplate

UTC China,,I just found this right now on another site=

UTC is the care instructions.

U = do not use an ultrasound machine to clean the ring.

T = Avoid sudden changes in temperature

C = do not expose the ring to chemicals, including perfumes or hairsprays.

As for the cd icd. I think I see a little tail on that first letter.I actually think it is QCD =

Quality Color Design, Inc.

Could we see the actual pieces themselves,,it helps sometimes.

You can't fix crazy but you sure can document it.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@txhornet11

I would agree with @change4charlie on the "QCD" marking.

QCD = Quality Color Design Inc New York NY
RGE = Rge Inc Long Island City, NY

As for the "923" marking. Best guess maybe it indicates 92.3% purity level but as far as I know there's no such established marking for gold, white or yellow. If it was silver would make more sense since 925 is a very common marking for silver.

That last one, I have no idea and even zooming up the photo I can't really make it out. Looks like some kind of logo maybe.

The longer I'm on eBay, the more convinced I am that idiocy in the world is growing at an alarming rate. No where is it more visible than the view from eBay itself.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

The one on the bottom looks like BGE to me: Bradford Gold Exchange

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Interesting. Usually 923 shows sterling silver. It means silver contains 923/1000. But is it gold...?

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Looks like 10K HGE (heavy gold electroplate) maybe with a scratch or badly stamped.   923 also looks like 925 maybe a bit worn.  If it is 925 and gold rather than silver it is goldwashed - just a lick of gold for color and isnt very thick so will wear off over time.  Unfortunately, anything stamped 925 from China these days you will need to magnet test - too many "not silver" items stamped 925 (usually just cheap copper inside).

Message 10 of 10
latest reply