cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone help me with marks for Ross-Simons and Joan Rivers

Well as I have said I am new to this jewelry thing (I have been buying gold and dilver for years but not worrying about the other stuff).  I purchased a bunch of velvet and leather bags (the type jewelry came in) and while researching I saw that these two brands sell decent so I want to know what to look for with their marks.  I got Christian Dior bags ( I have seen their mark pretty easy),  Ross-Simons bags (the only mark I found on Ebay said 925 China), and Joan Rivers.  Is there a site where I can look at the marks so I can identify them in person.

TIA, Bryan

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

http://www.illusionjewels.com/costumejewelrymarksj.html

I'm not sure if they are all here....but this is a great reference site

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Empty jewelry pouches ("the type jewelry came in") can't be sold on eBay - you may not be aware of this, if that's where your question is leading. If any of those listings are reported, they will be pulled by eBay and the Seller sanctioned.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-accessories.html

Not allowed

• Accessories or packaging without the accompanying product. Examples include:

• Dust bags

• Plastic tags (including a tag with a serial number)

• Ribbons

• Tissue paper

• Box for a branded watch without the accompanying watch

• Empty jewelry pouch, tin, or other container that may be used to hold and sell a similar or identical product

• Warranty or certificate (blank, valid, or expired) without the accompanying product

U.S. Community Volunteer

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

That is why I started researching the brands.  No wonder there were very few listings.  Now I am just trying to learn more brands that sell.  I have about 100lbs of costume jewelry to go through and I am trying to determine the desirable brands.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Greta sight Hoss just what I was looking for, but it doesn't have Ross-Simons on it

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Bryan if the Ross Simons is 925 sterling it probably wouldn't be on that sight I believe that is all costume jewelry designers....

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Not sure if I am following correctly, but are you asking what Ross Simon's manufacturers mark is on their jewelry or on their pouches and ring boxes.  You can do a search on ebay of Ross-Simons.  Did not check all the pages, but some auctions have pictures of the box, pouch along with the jewelry.  I believe they put their initials RS and their whole name on their merchandise or their whole name only.

Do know that they recently had a name change, but not all stores adopted the new name. 

And the costume jewelry manufacturers page mentioned above does show makers marks for many pieces in sterling.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Not sure about hallmarks for Ross-Simons, but the Joan Rivers jewelry I have seen has her name on it "Joan Rivers".

Message 8 of 9
latest reply