cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do shoe clips have the same rules?

I think this is a shoe clip, do they get a makers mark just as other forms of jewelry? This one does not, and are they only desirable if quite old? V76IMG_5869.JPGIMG_5870.JPG

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Are you sure it`s a shoe clip?  Kinda looks more like a dress clip to me..hard to tell by this pic..maybe take one with clip open.

Some shoe clips are marked, but most are not..Musi is a popular name.

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I'm a beginner but agree with 1940. I've had my nose in jewelry books and online all day and one of the things I learned was dress clips have flat hinged clips with prongs, like the sharp pointed things on your clip back, that grasp onto the dress material to hold it in place. One would think that point would cut into a pair of shoes and maybe into your foot. Like I said, beginner here so use caution. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

what do you think? Has very sharp teeth, I also think that these would damage pretty much anything it was secured to, bet it wouldn't come off though...IMG_5884.JPG

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Dress clip

Here`s an information page for you. Will show you the difference between fur, dress, & shoe clips

http://collectingvintagejewelry.blogspot.com/2009/02/collecting-vintage-jewelry-part-9-dress.html

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thats such good news, I thought I had only 1 of a set of 2, nearly donated it to my granddaughters dress up jewelry box, though in hindsight that probably wouldn't have gone over well with my daughter due to those teeth.... great link, Thank You V76

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Oh my gosh, I just started reading that link page in earnest, I have a set of what I thought were clip on earrings with those same small teeth, LOL!!!I was wondering you would manage to not cry while wearing....still so much to learn...V76

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Cat Very Happy  You are not alone..all of us here are STILL learning also! 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply