cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my krementz bracelet acid test hold at 10k?

new auction 391.JPGnew 005.JPG

I've just read that they made jewelry in real gold as well as plated but wouldn't this be marked as gold?  It held steady and did not wipe at 10k and dimmed a bit at 14k but still held  I cannot make out what those three things are next to Krementz   Stones seem to be glass only Ty for the help

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I know Krementz did make real gold jewelry but I've never seen a piece marked as gold and I cannot make out the marks on your photo. Krementz used a very thick layer of gold on their filled items, the only way to tell for sure is to file it on the bottom side and see if you get different results in that spot. I hate filing and if I do I always find the least visible spot to do it. Your stones do appear to be glass and I would think with glass stones that it is gold filled and not solid.

An umbrella and a mind have a lot in common, they both function better when open.
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

they look like apples lol

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

That's what I was thinking as well I just wanted a second opinion I hate filing!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

the little marks? lol

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Yes the little marks look like apples hey maybe it was made for Snow White wasnt she the one that ate the apple?

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

oh yeah maybe

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I was trying to find that image yesterday and kept missing it when clicking on google images.

I think the Mark might be the 14 K T. The last stamp (closest to the KREMENTZ) looks a little like the funky T.
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Man you must like the best vision ever!! I can't make heads or tails of any of those marks. I'm with kisses. They look like apples. Lol.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Actually my eyesight sucks 🙂

Just thought something about shape of the shadows looked similar to the funky T.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

I'm going to have to go back and strain to see what I can.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

here is what the 14k mark looks like on Krementz jewelry. On their pieces that weren't k gold they put such a heavy layer of gold over their pieces that they will test as gold.

a

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down.
Wilson Mizner
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

All the Krementz that I have had that were gold were marked as such.  As Bernadette has said, Krementz pieces that were not actually gold were very heavily plated.  Personally, rather than filing into the piece and damaging it, if it's not marked I would just let it go.  Filing IMHO is never worth the damage that it does to a piece.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

So plated rather than gold filled?

Message 15 of 17
latest reply