cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Camera do you use for your Items?

My Camera died about a Month ago and I am having a hard time replacing it. Most Cameras within my Budget (+/- $100) don't seem to come with a Macro or they come with a built in Battery. I have always had a Camera that used AA Batteries. It was helpful to swap out Batteries and keep clicking.

I am wondering about Built-in Batteries and recharge times. Plus I am wondering about Macro or Super Macro Options.

Thanks for your help 🙂

I
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

My pictures are not great, but the fault lies in the user, not the instrument.  I prefer point and shoot, and don't have the patience for adjustment of white balance, etc.  My main criteria were the same as yours.  I consider the rechargeable batteries a PITA, having had some with that feature, and wanted a decent macro, and wound up with a Kodak Easy Share.  I currently use a model CD82, and also have a similar, slightly newer one, which DD is presently borrowing, so don't know the model number.  The macro is easy to use, and it also has a zoom.  Batteries and SD card are easy to change, and a pair of batteries lasts quite  while. 

photo rose_zps07ff3a19.jpg
Kay
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I just bought an Olympus FE-210 here on eBay for $29.99.  It came in it's original box, is light weight, fits in my hand, doesn't cast shadows, has a macro with a super macro, and uses 2 AA batteries.  I love it.  It has a great auto set and I just point and shoot.  I do have to do a small ajustment at times on the color but very few times.

A hint.  My husband bought me a great Fuji with all the bells and whistles.  Unfortunately, because it was large had a long lense and was black it cast shadows that I was constently fighting.  I do not have that problem with my little silver Olympus.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

You might want to check this out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Olympus-FE-210-7-1-MP-Digital-Camera-Silver-Bundle-/191362676160?pt=Digital_...

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

The Olympus is a great option. They make very good point and shoots. I use a real high end dslr setup, but it takes a lot of time and dedication to get a good shot. A point and shoot minimizes the time required to get a useful picture. I wouldn't worry about a built in battery if you always keep it charged.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Thanks everyone, your suggestions and comments have been very helpful 🙂

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I use a Canon Power Shot A560 (older model) and love it.  Easy to use, point and shoot, macro and zoom.Uses 2 AA batteries.  I've had it about 3-4 years and it still works as well as it did when I first started using it.  I would like a micro macro but I'll stick with this one until it conks out.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Loved my Canon PowerShot as well and would recommend them.

flotsamlogo
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for the recommendations on the Canon Power Shot. That was my Camera (A470) that died 😞

Message 9 of 9
latest reply