cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When do you think this VOGUE necklace was made ?

At first glance I thought this was 1960's or so, I think the mesh gave me that idea.

After looking at it more I am thinking 1940's or so ? The mount metal tests as sterling and the high table rhinestones make me think it might be that old.

It's marked 'Vogue' with another word but I'm not sure that word is 'STERLING', it looks like something else.

I see a similar mark on RCJ but that word is 'STERLING', this looks a bit different.

Unusual design for a 1940's piece but I want to be sure of it's age.

TIA !

vogue1.jpg

vogue2.jpg

vogue3.jpg

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I would agree with 1940s and the other word you're seeing might be "JLRY" (short for "jewelry"),

I've handled Vogue jewelry that was signed that way.

Have a Blingful Day!
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I thought that too Freddy, but it looks more like 'JK CO'.

I'll try to loupe it again in better light.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Hi cali, I think you are right with the 1940's .. that color stone tells me 40's and Vogue did alot of sterling vermeil around that time.. very nice!!!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I too think 40s early 50s.  Very unique necklace.  I love Vogue jewelry.  It's another company that I don't think gets the respect that it deserves.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank you OCN and Sandy, I appreciate the help.heart

I see Vogue prices are all over the place but the ones from the 1930's-40's seem to do pretty well. I still haven't found a necklace from that time frame, mostly pins.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply