cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatz it? Duoette or Not? Unusual backing

WOW, it has been a while since I posted.  So far 1/2 hour to find this group and load pics.  I hope this works.  Anyway, I thought this was a duoette, but I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to separate.  Appreciate any advice - on whether or not it is and/or how old?  Any advice appreciated.  It measures 2 1/4" by 1".  

IMG_8369r.JPG

IMG_8371r.JPG

IMG_8372r.JPG

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Yes it is a duette style pin.  The back pin frame slides off to reveal the two seperate ,my guess would be dress clips rather than fur clips, clips.  Very pretty set.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Thanks,  It is soooo tight.  Not sure I can get the back to slide off.  But, I will ask DH to try.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

very pretty. My WAG would be 1930s

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Icy and gorgeous ! Maybe there is a lock or clip on it somewhere to keep the top piece in place ?
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

YIPEE - we did get it open and there are two dress clips.  The secret was to pull and unsnap.  Thanks to all

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Cool 🙂
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Hi Is it marked CORO anywhere on the two pieces ? I know I read somewhere Core had a patten on the word duetti (sp) ?

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Very beautiful by the way and very collectable!!! 🙂

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Duette was originally a Coro trademark (not patent). However, putting paired clips into a frame to wear them as a brooch was common in the heyday of clips, and many companies did it. Trifari called theirs Clip-Mates. I've had unsigned ones as well; plenty of jobbers made them. You'll see differences in frames from different makers, and there might be utility patents for different frame designs the same way there are for earring clips and other utility elements.

While Duette was a Coro brand back in the day, nowadays duette or duette-type is the term collectors look for.

flotsamlogo
Message 10 of 10
latest reply