cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekend bling and finds thread

My visitors are still here so not that much hunting for me this week, but went out yesterday and did a bit of buying.

Here's a nice old Mexican bracelet I bought. It has a very distinct maker's mark (VCA) and eagle 19 mark, but I can't find any info about the maker. Oh well, par for the course with a lot of Mexican silver.

005.JPG

Here are a few non-jewelry items I scored at a sale yesterday. Maybe the most unusual sale I've ever been to. THOUSANDS of items jammed into a house, being sold by the family. When I say thousands I am not exaggerating. I must have seen 40 Victorian silverplate pickle jars, for example, and maybe 200 cat figurines, this lady was a collector/hoarder ...but the house is immaculate and everything is spotless.

I am going back there this AM, but this is what I got for $30 yesterday. (No jewelry, unfortunately) -  portrait of the lady (need to research), a carved Indian  ivory figurine, tall sterling compote and a Bavarian hat pin holder (?)

003.JPG

Hope we all have wonderful finds today and please post them here, and if you don't, feel free to post some oldies to share!

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Is she a tile?  I found a few bits this weekend but don't have any photos yet.  I dream of those kinds of sales.  You never know what'll turn up next.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 2 of 20
latest reply

I love that portrait Arlene!

A brass and blue glass stone sash pin:

To die for 18 & 22K gold, blue topaz and small diamond earrings by a local goldsmith:

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Love the 'old stuff' Arlene..esp the hat pin holder!

That sash pin is beautiful Marie!

Found a few pcs today..some signed designer earrings Givenchy, St John, Gay Boyer, & Napier

DSCN4519.JPG

Couple starburst pins , unsigned & Sarah Cov

DSCN4520.JPG

Some kitty pins & just some nice pcs

DSCN4521.JPG

DSCN4522.JPG

And a lovely old bar pin..maybe goldfilled?

DSCN4524.JPG

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

And I bought myself a bd present. Cat Very Happy  A new/old Lane cedar chest for 85.00 Was needin one in the guest room

DSCN4518.JPG

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 5 of 20
latest reply

some oldies I wish I still had:

Persian turquoise bracelet

turquoise

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Louis Rousselet

rousselet

art deco

bir

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 7 of 20
latest reply

P9190021.JPG  P9190012.JPG

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Marie, those blues are gorgeous, but my favourite would have to be those earrings.

Sarah, great birthday gift!

Cleio, the Persian turquoise bracelet is very lovely, and I don't know that I could ever have parted with it, and those Rouselett earrings make me even more determined to buy something designed by him.

Hoss, good to see you posting.

Well, Ev, you would have loved the first sale I went to yesterday, the one I mentioned already  in the OP, but the second sale was just horrible ...even more PACKED with stuff, but positively creepy.

Imagine room after room piled with assorted items, from vases to bronzes to paintings to toys to ashtrays to linens....on and on and on.. but the items were dirty and broken and the house stank. It was sad and pathetic ....what a contrast to the first sale.

I only bought this men's watch, how it remained so pristine and in perfect working condition amidst the grime of the surroundings  is a miracle.

I pretty much ran out of the house into the fresh air, and sanity. The neighbours told me that the curtains had not been opened in that house for over 20 years.

007.JPG

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Arlene, really like the ivory carving.  Looks like a boars tooth from the shape.  How sad about the second sale. 

Marie, I too like the sash pin, the color is so pretty.

Sarah, like your jewels, but that chest is a real winner.  I love when people buy themselves presents.

Cleio, I can see why you miss that bracelet, and I'm not a big bracelet person.

Hoss, nice earrings.  Thanks for sharing, really like the second pair.

Well here is the last of my "natural beauties" from my trip. 

UB4336.jpg

UB4327.jpg

UB4282.jpg

UB4144.JPG

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Sandy, what  kind of stone/material  is that in the brooch in the third pic?  Is it some kind of agate? It's  really beautiful, looks like a miniature work of art.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Arlene, I believe it is a plume agate.  It is so much prettier in person because it is actually semi translucent so the pluming really shows up with a light behind the stone.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

I love the agates. My dad is a rock hound and they are his favorites, spends hours cutting and polishing them up.

Here's some of my recent finds:

marked sterling, 14k and an 'H', similar to modern NA marks.

sterling H square necklace close up.jpg

dont suppose anyone recognises the mark?

sterling H square necklace mark.jpg

pretty Victorian looooong watch chain with seed pearl and ruby heart slide

heart watch chain full front2.jpg

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

MCM pearl ring, 14kt gold

14kt gold three pearl ring front 1.jpg

was hoping it would be mikimoto, but does anyone recognise the mark? Its TP or TF

14kt gold three pearl ring mark.jpg

carved lucite, lea stein style vtg brooch

carved lucite leopard brooch full front.jpg

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

dont ususally deal with modern sterling pieces, without a known maker anyway, but this piece just feels really good! Channel set CZ, only marks are .925 and CS

sterling channel cz bracelet clasp.jpg

Message 15 of 20
latest reply