cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

***Weekend BLING thread*****

Didnt see this already, so thought Id get it started. Need my fix!

No more than three pics per post, and keep them smaller for the people with internet speed issues

Mint conditon shell necklace, unsigned but dangle is attributed to Art

shell necklace front.jpg

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Been in a tropical mood lately

5 strand mother of pearl necklace and earrings set

Japan MOP necklace front.jpg

and not jewelry but I thought people heremight appreciate it, hand painted skinny 50s surfer tie from Hawaii

surfer tie gallery.jpg

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

sterling cufflinks

mexico mask cufflinks side.jpg

brutalist silver cufflinks full front.jpg

sterling Silpada set

silpada flower set full front.jpg

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

A red glass bead necklace:

Mazpah silver plate pin:

A lovely Harry Iskin rose and yellow gold filled pin, I love his work:

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

I have a blue mabe pearl brooch to keep the tropical theme going.  I believe it is unmarked 10k, my testing skills still need work:

I saw these in an antique mall on the $5 earring rack.  I thought they were faceted black glass, but they test higher, my guess is onyx.  I looked through Roseann Ettinger's Popular Jewelry 1840-1940, and on page 35 they show similar catalog illustrations.  I think these may be RGP, check out the back mechanism:

Found this in a thrift shop, top little pearl broke, stone cracked, don't know what it is, but I love it because of the snake motiff and that it looks like the world:

Tomorrow's another day.Tomorrow's another day.
Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Let's try it again:

The onyx, enamel seed pearl earrings, metal content unknown:

The blue mabe pearl brooch:

I also love Harry Iskin.  🙂

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

101_0055.JPG

101_0057.JPG

Two of today's finds.  Rolled gold or gold filled Sunday School prize, from the look of it, and German 835 silver pendant and chain.  The big score of the day was an 18k cross, but it's already been sacrificed to the scrap gods.  It was modern and mass-produced, so no loss.  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 7 of 23
latest reply

I have been working at my real job, haven't had time to photograph or post for about two months.  Hope you don't mind the photos today, it is destressing me.  🙂

This is a marriage of a brass-plated? horseshoe pin and a 9k gold Victorian seed pearl pin.  The front bar and back bar were taken apart and soldered onto the horseshoe:

What a shame somebody did this, but I still like it.  

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

This is marked Coro in script, pat.  I haven't found this particular patent, but it seems to have been a pin where a bar for initials was inserted through the back.  Circa ealry 1930?  Pot metal.  

Brass brooch, blue stones:

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

I am guessing hand-knotted Czech beads in a tortoise shell motiff, circa 1930?

Victorian, similar one in the Ettinger book I mentioned earlier.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

Cleio, love the Hawaiin surfer tie!  That should do very well.  Marie, I like that Mispah brooch and onyx earrings!  Marko, you've been holding out on us Smiley Very Happy, but I know what you mean about work.  Here are this morning's yardsale pickens:

DeRosa fur clip badly in need of re-plating but the stones are good:

1025143.jpg

Sterling silver:

1025141.jpg

Anne Klein, Judith Ripka watch, 14kt and amethyst necklace and earrings:

1025142.jpg

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Lovely items so far!  But my heart did pitter patter at marko`s lotus (?) flower..that is gorgeous! 

Found a few pcs today..

Trifari glass & Sarah Coventry Limited Edition cross

DSCN5035.JPG

Unsigned butterfly & Matisse earrings

DSCN5038.JPG

Unsigned

DSCN5034.JPG

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 12 of 23
latest reply

013.JPG

014.JPG

023.JPG

All Signed ART Holiday Pins

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

marcowitz, thos earrings are gorgeous. The seed pearls and jet make me lean toward them being older, Victorian or earlier, and had the screw backs put on when piercings became unfashionable

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Well, I didn't go shopping today because I had a booth at a local antique show. I did very well and was surprised at how much jewelry I sold .... it was fun, and of course it is very nice to have some $$$, but at heart I am a collector/buyer and not a dealer, so I really would have had much more fun buying treasures than selling them! 

Message 15 of 23
latest reply