4 REPLIES 4

WEEKEND TREASURE HUNT~SHOW YOUR STUFF!

aksel holmsen ship pin detail.JPG

Aksel Holmsen Norway sterling ship

deco turquoise ring detail 1.JPG

My fave Art Deco turquoise and diamond ring

kite rhinestone ear climber earrings on me.JPG

some pretty fun ear climbers!

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

While researching these two pieces I found out soe fun inof:

Old Yale sterling charm, and Hotchkiss School sterling stick pin, both by Glouskin and Fox

yale sterling charm first image.JPG

hotchkiss school stick pin detail.JPG

first I found this ad form the Yale Lit Review, ca 1900-01

yale glouskin and fox ad ca 1901.jpg

Then in a 1920s jewelry journal I found this funny story,

he story goes that while Glouskin and Fox were out, a "daring thief undertook to loot the store". With the unexpected return of Mr. Fox, however, the thief was found trying to break into the diamond vault. Knowing that he was busted, the thief stated that "he saw someone in the store trying to break into the diamond case and entered the store with the intention of aiding in the capture of the thief. The stranger then told Mr. Fox to see if any of the diamonds were missing while he" went in search of an officer" And with that he walked out into the street, never to be seen again!

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Today was the day after a snowstorm.  WIth no really interesting estate sales within driving distance, I hit the new Goodwill the ReStore and the grocery store.  Found stuff in the grocery store but not the other two.  Earlier in the week, I did find a modern jade necklace, and a hematite and sterling rosary with Vatican markings.  Also a Jewish charity coin bank.  (add spare change and donate somewhere when the box is full) 

DSCF0659.JPG

And this found me....

101_0065.JPG

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

LOVE those Scandinavian enamels!

Some unsigned beauties today, rhinestones to glitz up Super Bowl Sunday Smiley Wink

LgBlueRSSTHorseShoeShapePin.jpg

STClrRSFreeformShellsPin.jpg

SaphABRSGTAtomicBurstPin.jpg

Message 5 of 5
latest reply