cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Oriental Theme pendant, language? Double sided.

Is the writing on this pendant Chinese or Japaness or just artistic marks? I have had this for some time and now thinning out the herd so to speak. Any help?
The gold on the painting looks like it is hand done, do not know about the rest of the two pictures. The chain is marked 925, do not know if original to the pendant. Thoughts?
Thank you!

668.JPG670.JPG669.JPG

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I can not read either but it is the artist sig and you read both from right to left. Before ebay changed the boards on the antique board there was a gentleman that could read both if you can find the board he might be still around I dont know.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thank you! So the artist was different on each side? Or at least they do not look the same to me.

I will look for the the fellow that can read the writing, thanks!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

It looks like they are wearing Kimonos which are Japanese , but WTHDIK , LOL ! Just a thought .

Mermaid 🐳
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

From years of selling antiques the plates and bowls etc If they were painted and had marks like yours on the front it was the artist sig. are they paintings or ceramic? You might try looking here not sure if it will help

http://www.gotheborg.com/marks/20thcenturyjapan.shtml

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I'm not as familiar with Chinese as with Japanese stuff, but generally when characters are enclosed in an oval frame (cartouche) it's a sig. And these are Chinese, the hairstyles and especially the fancy headdress and floating ribbons on the second pic give it away.

flotsamlogo
Message 6 of 6
latest reply