cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusual pendant, help please (sterling? NA or Mex?)

Went to a sale this am before dawn, jewelry & vintage clothing advertised. Sweet old couple. Some nice rhinestones (a Schreiner pin/earring set, etc) but this pendant really had my interest - odd, since this is not my thing. Lady had no idea how much to ask, so I took pics & told her I'd ask here. Supposed to go back after 3 to see the clothing & more jewelry.....would like to buy this piece if we can determine a fair price.

Really looks like sterling but not marked as such, just the stamped design shown below. Surely turquoise, & perhaps bear claw? Probably a bit over 2" in length; maybe 1.5" wide. Any idea of the maker or age? Any other suggestions welcome.

pendant.JPGpendant1.JPG

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Definitely looks Native American to me . Very probable that it's a black bear claw which are 1 - 2 " . Sorry I can't help with the maker . There are several listed here on eBay . You should go to advanced search to see what they are selling for and gauge your " comfort " price from there .

Mermaid 🐳
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Illegal to sell bear claws, bird talons, and most other animal parts in most locations in the USA

All you will see here are "imitation"

Message 3 of 3
latest reply