Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unakite Necklace?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Unakite Necklace?

I don't believe it's Unakite.  The color and matrix doesn't look right to me.  It looks like yellow "turquoise" from the matrix.  The stripes you see are common.  Yellow turquoise is a type of serpentine jasper I believe with hematite webbing or stripes, but it has long been refered to as yellow turquoise because it tends to found in the same mines.  Ironically the color yellow doesn't really have much to do with the stones color.  Some also call it chinese turquoise.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Unakite Necklace?

I'm pretty sure it's not. I have several pieces of unakite jewelry and the colors are pinkish-orange and shades of green. Never seen unakite in any other colors.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Unakite Necklace?

Definitely not Unakite.  I am pretty good with stones, as I use them every day.  My first guess would be a very poor quality of Rhyolite.  Could also be some form of Jasper or Agate, there are literally hundreds.   I also do not believe they are yellow turquoise.  They are not even polished beads, so not worth a whole lot.      Lisa

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Unakite Necklace?

I usually classify this sort of bead as RPR - random pretty rock - and leave it at that.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Unakite Necklace?

Thank you all very much!
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Unakite Necklace?

Coul it be Moss Jasper ? 

Mermaid 🐳

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Unakite Necklace?

Try zoisite. Low grade, but that's my guess.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Unakite Necklace?

Thank you!
Message 9 of 9
latest reply