cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Type of beads on 2 necklaces & age, please?

Iridescent blue nugget ? (thanks, Crow) glass beads, lampwork beads, and the center blue bead appears to have foil inside. The silvertone rondells mimic rhinestones, but there aren't any rhinestones. The beads are strung on a fine link chain, and towards the clasp, there are a couple of fine wires that show in-between the beads. On the push-in part of the clasp, there's an "M" with "wings" at the top, or a "W" with wings at the bottom. I looked for the mark, but couldn't find it.

Any information appreciated, as always.

Blue Beaded Necklace 33.jpg

Blue Beaded Necklace 22.jpg

Blue Beaded Necklace 44.jpg

Blue Bead Necklace M.jpg

I'm unsure what color the non-AB beads are, but they're coated with teeny, tiny brown and clear glass beads. Does anyone know the name of this type of bead? Unmarked.

Brown Glass Beaded Necklace 22.jpg

Some of the teeny, tiny glass beads are worn off of the smaller beads closer to the clasp.

Brown Glass Beaded Necklace 11.jpg

Brown Glass Beaded Necklace 33.jpg

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Researching the first necklace. I believe the blue beads are Italian aventurine wedding cake beads.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Pretty and unique necklaces, eclectic!  The second set might be sugar beads.  Do they look like this?

sugarbead3.jpg

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Yes, Dream, that's it! I knew I should know, but after taking the summer off, I'm realizing, that I've forgotten a lot of names, etc., so thanks so much for refreshing my memory. 🙂

I found a few similar sugar bead necklaces by Coro, but I didn't see a name anywhere on mine. I'll take a better look tomorrow, just in case.

Still looking for help on the blue necklace, if anyone has any thoughts.

Thanks, again, Dream. 🙂

Message 4 of 4
latest reply