cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on these 2 sets

This first set has a vintage feel but I am just not sure.  It is well made & unsigned. The bracelet is hinged with a safety chain & push in. Thoughts on age or maker?

2015-01-30 16.48.58.jpg2015-01-30 16.49.45.jpg2015-01-30 16.50.17.jpg

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Thoughts on these 2 sets

Here is the second one. Same questions about age and possible maker. Thanks! Lori

2015-01-30 16.30.52.jpg2015-01-30 16.30.57.jpg2015-01-30 16.51.19.jpg2015-01-30 16.51.39.jpg

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Thoughts on these 2 sets

I`m gonna say vintage on the 1st set.. It`s gorgeous & does look well made..but I`m mostly basing it on the rhinestone tipped beads. 

Can`t see clear enuff on your second set.  I see a safety chain with the sport ring clasp..but on my monitor it looks silver compared to the gold tone of the bracelet .possibly a replacement, or just the light? 

Looking at it again..something seeme very familiar to it..hmmmmmm  off to search

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Thoughts on these 2 sets

For some reason Schreiner comes to mind on the second set.. course I could be waaaaaaay off base!  LOL

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Thoughts on these 2 sets

Here is another picture of the spring clasp. Its an older one and could be a replacement. It is gold tone but has lost some plating. The white insets and round beads that look like pearl is mother of pearl.2015-01-30 18.10.36.jpg

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Thoughts on these 2 sets

They both look vintage to me . The first one is so well made and the rhinestones are nice colors . Are some of the large rhinestones on top different colors ? They look like mystic topaz colored . I would guess late 50's - early 60's .

The second one has a later feeling . Like the 70's , with that color combination . Is it rich brown ( topaz color ) and mother of pearl ? The clasp still feels vintage to me as well .

Of course these are just feelings I get when I look at them . Cant place my finger on a maker .
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Thoughts on these 2 sets

P.S. The second one has that 70's flower power vibe .
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Thoughts on these 2 sets

2015-01-30 18.36.32.jpg

I think they are actually red with an AB coating. Not as faceted as you normally see.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Thoughts on these 2 sets

Ah yes that makes more sense for the 50's - 60's era .
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Thoughts on these 2 sets

Lori, your brown bracelet reminds me of one I showed in a previous thread.  The stones in yours seem to have a similar metallic sheen and the ridged prongs look the same.  I think the consensus was that these large stoned pieces are from about the 70's.  Here's my bracelet with similar stones: 

brownbracelet1.jpg

brownbracelet5.jpg

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Thoughts on these 2 sets

I do not remember if it is Schreiner or Schiaparelli that has some of their stones turned up side down in the setting ie point up..

Both designers made very glitizy rhinestone chunky pieces..

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Thoughts on these 2 sets

Schreiner had the stones pointing up. I think they also used those crimped bowl settings (cant remember what ecxactly their name is....need more coffee!)

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Thoughts on these 2 sets

I think they are called "pie crust".

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Thoughts on these 2 sets

When determining whether vintage or not it would be good to know when clip earrings went mostly out of style, especially those type of clips. Whenever I see that style of clips on earrings I think of my grandmother's drawers of jewelry that I used to rummage through as a child in the 1950s and 1960s. 

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Thoughts on these 2 sets

I agree with the 1970s on the goldtone set. Still vintage. There is vintage, and then there is vintager. Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 15
latest reply