cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sterling SIlver Mark- Modernist - anyone recognize country or mark?

It is a modernist style flower bracelet- gives me a 40's-50's Mexico or FInland sort of feel  Marked I in a rectangle KC in the center and S in a rectangle again.

Any ideas?  I checked some of the usual spots to see if I could I dentify a country but nothing exactly. Any help would be appreciated. Thank-you!  Jen

IMG_0490.JPG

IMG_0488.JPG

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

A clear shot of the mark would help. It's not Mexican, but some form of Scandinavian is a good possibility.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Here we go- I cleaned it and used my camera instead of the phone-

IMG_9010.JPG

IMG_9011.JPG

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

The I and S look like International Silver's marks, scroll down just a tiny bit on this link for Information only:

http://www.silvercollection.it/INTERNATIONALSILVERCO.html I'm not sure about the WC center, but Wilcox was one of the companies in the International group.
An umbrella and a mind have a lot in common, they both function better when open.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Hi Jen,

I agree with Ev this mark doesn't look right for Mexican ... and like CAV (hi there CAV, good to "see" you here) I too was thinking this might be a US maker ... and International Silver came to mind.

I don't think this mark is Scandinavian.  The form of the mark doesn't look quite right for Scandinavian marks I've come across. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Cool-Awesome was right it is definately the I & the S for International Silver but who the center mark belongs to  I don't know- I went through all of the listed ones but couldn't find marks for some.  I'm pretty sure it is a KC in the center.  Either way- doe you all feel the 30-40's vibe? The clasp just hooks over a berry if that helps.  Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out!!  en

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Sorry sticking key issues!! 🙂 Jen

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

It's good to see you too Arlene, I've been missing from here for over a year, but hopefully I am back now!Smiley Happy

I see the KC mark now, but I didn't find anything using that either. You might try looking at all the pages on this site and see if you can find something I missed.

http://www.chicagosilver.com/jmarks12.htm

I'm not much help on the age, I'm thinking a little earlier like maybe the late teens to early 20's. Maybe Arlene will drop by and offer her guess on the age.

An umbrella and a mind have a lot in common, they both function better when open.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Well CAV it really is good to have you back .... I missed your posts!

I'm not sure what the age is of this bracelet. Sorry Jen I wish I could help out here but it would just be a WAG ..I haven't seen anything quite like this before.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Something about the leaves and balls on this looks familar. I think a similar item has been posted here recently. Finding that toic might help date this piece.

Other than that the way the leaf panels link to each other seems more modern to me, maybe 1990s.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Yeah Definately not 90's. THe mark is older for International Silver - the weight and the craftsmanship  is definately in line with 30's and 40's, which was when they were at their peak. I'll look for a previous thread- because I actually thought I remembered seeing this someplace.  Maybe here! 🙂  Thanks everyone.

Jen

Message 11 of 11
latest reply