cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some help with this necklace needed please

Ok, so this is a nice long strand of what feels like glass beads (tap like glass, moderate weight and cold to touch) individually knotted, no clasp. The color reminds me of butter. I've found what they call lemon jade, but nothing else has come close. Any ideas on the beads?  For some reason, I get the vibe that these are not run of the mill...but wthdik? TIA!!!

003.JPG005.JPG

Once a word has been allowed to escape, it cannot be recalled.~Horace

Favorite quote ever! Lori
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Could they be really old fake pearls-- from back in the day, when they were made with glass beads-- with all the nacre worn off? 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I did a quick search myself and all I could come up with that look similar to yours, they were calling theirs yellow peking glass. Which I have not heard of but that does not mean much..Smiley Happy

Photobucket
"Today is a Gift that is why it is called the Present"
Sheila
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I definately could see some of the beads losing their finish and looking so uniformly lustrous, but not all of them (unless someone really went at it to clean them up, lol).  The yellow knots look pretty pristine for that too. Thanks for the suggestion though!!  

I searched yellow peking glass and there were a few that did have the same look to them...in all different colors!  I'm partial to the pink ones 🙂  Thanks for looking and passing on the info!!!!

Once a word has been allowed to escape, it cannot be recalled.~Horace

Favorite quote ever! Lori
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Ha ha true! You'd need someone very ocd to pick off all the bits...I've considered it myself when I've run across those fragmenting old pearls, because I love the look of the glass beads underneath! Guess that was wishful thinking on my part...:)
Message 5 of 5
latest reply