cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silver Pin Help

Hi Joolies, I picked up this little pin at a church sale, it measures 1-1/8", couldn't find a mark on it. I was shootiong it for selling and as I was putting it down I saw something on the clasp. After I shined it up I found this little tiny mark. It looks like AVS, there is an elongated shape stamped into the clasp just before the letters, kind of looks like a fat arrow with rounded corners and points.

The only name I came up with for AVS is a Danish silversmith Askel Viggo Sorensen, 1987-?. The few pieces I found for him online looked nothing like mine, plus the clasp and hinge looks to me to be older.

There is one for A.V.S., a Danish silversmith, A. V. Spenner, 1893-1937. I can't find anything attributed to him.

If anyone has an ideas for me I would really appreciate it Smiley Happy

RndSlveFlgreePinFtSm.jpg

RndSlveFlgreePinBkSm.jpg

RndSlveFlgreePinClspSm.jpg

RndSlveFlgreePinMrk.jpg

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Silver Pin Help

I think it may be Dutch.  Check out the sword marks on the right side of the page

http://www.925-1000.com/Fnetherlands_Date_Code.html

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Silver Pin Help

OH my, E looks very much like my mark. Thanks Cleio, I knew this board would be a big help with this!!!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply