cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STERLING BRACELET

I WANT TO LIST THIS BRACELET BUT CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHO THE MAKER IS.  ANYONE KNOW?  IT LOOKS LIKE AN OLDER WILLIAM SPRATLING SIGGY BUT DOESN'T HAVE THE CIRCLE WITH SPRATLING IN IT.

DSCN1440.JPGDSCN1437.JPGCAROLYN

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

STERLING BRACELET

I have checked every silver link I have for these initials, I do think it is Navajo.  Does anyone have a good link for that?  thank you so much!

Carolynheart

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

STERLING BRACELET

STERLING BRACELET

Thank you so much Zienty, yes I have tried that one too.

Carolyn

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

STERLING BRACELET

The initials are JS, I've seen a lot of Mexican pieces with that mark but don't know if it was ever ID'd.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

STERLING BRACELET

It kinda looks like a cursive E 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

STERLING BRACELET

ahhhhaa Edward Ball

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

STERLING BRACELET

Look here right hand side 

http://www.925-1000.com/americansilver_B.html

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

STERLING BRACELET

Way to go, Sunshine...Nice job!

TEX
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

STERLING BRACELET

Hi,

Just to throw this out, but when I first saw the signature it looked like a Damaso Gallegos signature (albeit a little messed up).

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

STERLING BRACELET

A quick google check shows Edward Ball as the manufacturer of sterling holloware, 1918-1919 in the US.

This bracelet looks either Mexican or southwestern in style and nothing at all like his company's work (check replacements.com)...as well as totally not the style of the era.

Although I have no idea who made it, I'd be pretty sure that it wasn't Edward Ball.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

STERLING BRACELET

That was my initial thought, too...but I can't quite make it line up w/ his known marks 😞
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

STERLING BRACELET

Sorry...I was replying to the comment about Damaso Gallegos

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

STERLING BRACELET

It is definitely Mexican, I have sold several pieces with that mark.  Whoever it is often copies Gallegos pieces, especially the Xmas holly and bell ones.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply