cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEPTEMBER is Here.. Let`s Dish!!

For all the Autumn lovers... September is finally here..summer is winding down &  fall is just around the corner! Cat Very Happy 

Come on in, kick up your feet & take a load off.  Chat about whatever`s on your mind. 

september-month-owls.png

My fav month..cause I`m a

september_baby.gif

Cat Very Happy

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 1 of 145
latest reply
144 REPLIES 144

http://americanoverlook.com/it-looked-like-any-other-day-at-the-nursing-home-but-dont-take-your-eyes...

This was on Facebook - they gave makeovers to senior citizens, which was fun, but check out the jewelry!  And they were loving it a all

photo rose_zps07ff3a19.jpg
Kay
Message 2 of 145
latest reply

Happy birth month Sarah.  Did you know your birth flower is an Aster.  IMHO, it really suits you.

sept

cutness

WELCOME!

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 3 of 145
latest reply

@the_jeweled_feline wrote:

http://americanoverlook.com/it-looked-like-any-other-day-at-the-nursing-home-but-dont-take-your-eyes...

This was on Facebook - they gave makeovers to senior citizens, which was fun, but check out the jewelry!  And they were loving it a all

Kay, thank you for sharing!  What a great warm and fuzzy to start the month of September with.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 4 of 145
latest reply

sept.png

Message 5 of 145
latest reply

I know this is a bit early, but I have been counting down the hours until fall.

Hope everyone has a fun fall and very happy sales.

TEX
Message 6 of 145
latest reply

Just used my new canner for the 1st time!  LOVE IT!  So easy to use!  Cat Very Happy 

Made 13 half-pints of Yellow Squash Relish.. Recipe is almost identical to my Marinated (or Freezer) Slaw recipe but uses Yellow Squash instead of cabbage. 

DSCN8129.JPG

Also have some pineapple drying..almost done as I started it overnite. Did strawberries yesterday and will do some more jerky tomorrow.  Then have a few apples to try..T bought a small basket at the mkt Sat but they were not real 'appley' tasting..so gonna sprinkle with some cinnamon & dry the rest.

So sweet on the Astors Cat Happy Gonna go watch the makeover video now

I see Tex is countin down the days to cooler temps!   LOL  

Looks like our upper 90`s is back this week..80`s were nice last week.  But I swear..rain all around us..we must be doin something wrong.  LOL

Message 7 of 145
latest reply

thank you for starting the thread

so when is the special day Sarah....you always keep us updated with special boardie days 🙂

so thoughtful for them to have the make overs for the nursing home peeps.....did u see the jewels....

30 days of recipaes from Sarah?????.....get busy...lol

Waves to everybody!

photo newyearsimageebay.jpg
Message 8 of 145
latest reply

LOL @ Rosie! 

Of course I will share some recipes with ya!

But first..anyone here use a Mandolin Food Slicer. I need a reccomendation.  Cat Very Happy

Message 9 of 145
latest reply

Happy birthday early, Sarah!!

My mom had a mandoline slicer...and she lost the guard...and continued to use it...till she sliced the end of her finger off. Then *I* threw it in the trash and said go buy a new one, crazy woman! LMAO

I love fall, so bring on the pumpkin spice EVERYTHING!!

I want jeans and hoodies and boots back!

BUT

I want my vacation in the lake first! LMAO

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 10 of 145
latest reply

Woo hoo. Me and my hubby too. I'm the 28th he's the 20th. It's the best month!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 11 of 145
latest reply

Morning to all!  

Recipe time! Now these I can hardly wait to try!  I LOVE Baklava! 

MINI BAKLAVA TARTLETS

1/2 to 3/4 cup honey **
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 cups finely chopped walnuts
3 packages (1.9 ounces each (15 per box)) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells (Most are pre-baked)

In a small bowl, mix the first five ingredients until blended; stir in walnuts.

Spoon 2 teaspoons mixture into each tart shell.

Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 45 tartlets

** Start with the 1/2 cup & gradually add more as needed. You don`t want the filling too thin, so it will depend on your honey texture how much you use

Baklava Tartlets.jpg

Message 12 of 145
latest reply

For the fudge and Jack Daniels lovers.  It's suppose to be great for the holidays.

jd

JACK DANIEL'S FUDGE - PERFECT for the holidays!!

5 cups sugar(2 pounds)
2 sticks unsalted butter
1 cup whole milk
1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
25 large marshmallows, ripped in half
11.5 oz Ghiradelli 60% cocoa bittersweet chocolate chips
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3/4 cup Jack Daniels, or a whiskey you really like. You will be able to really taste it!

1. Whisk whiskey with confectioner’s sugar, and set aside.

2. Foil and butter a 9 x 13 (or larger) baking pan.

3. Put sugar, butter, milk, and vanilla in a large pot with a heavy bottom. Stirring steadily until mixture boils, continue stirring while letting it boil for 3 minutes (time it, this is important). Remove from heat.

4. Add the marshmallows and chocolate, stirring until all of it is melted and blended into the sugar mix.

5. Give whiskey mixture a quick stir, and add it to the pot, stirring until fully incorporated.

6. Pour into a greased pan, and chill. Let mellow for a day before cutting.

Message 13 of 145
latest reply

Just looking at those recipes makes me feel like I have gained more pounds.  Yumo!

Message 14 of 145
latest reply

That fudge sounds interesting!

I will have to pass on it for myself, but will pass along to stepson. I tried that stuff 1 time when I had a bad cold many years ago..it no sooner hit tummy till..well..you know the rest! Emoji    LOL  

Message 15 of 145
latest reply