cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

******SAT. LIGHTS WEEKEND BLING FINDS THREAD******

This is the thread to post your recent finds, or to post old favourites .... no current listings please and keep the pics a reasonable size for folks who have slower connections.

Went to a church bazaar last night and it was so good I thought I was maybe hallucinating, that's how rare this sort of thing is around here lately.

Marked "Hand made in Canada Bob Ford" ... brooches, sterling

005.JPG

!4k stickpin with what looks like a moosehead?

003.JPG

Necklaces with 18k clasps ... one tests as garnets and the other looks like coral. Also a large sterling brooch

011.JPG

My favourite. Gorgeous large 18k lapis earrings.

002.JPG

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Very pretty finds Arlene. 

Received these this week as a thank you gift.  LOVE THEM, thanks again Rain.

UB4354.jpg

found another spinnerette that I don't think I have.

UB4353.jpg

Really like this unusual mini mosaic pin.

SB4270.jpg

Signed K.L. Karen Lynne for Charles Rothman, real pearl.

SB4269.jpg

And my favorite is a Star- Art signed coral and jade butterfly.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 2 of 31
latest reply

😞 Board ate my first reply so I deleted the Post.

Those are lovely Jools Arlene and Sandy heart

Arlene your Moose looks like it could be "The Loyal Order of the Moose" 🙂

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

Don't know why The earrings I received as a gift didn't show up, but here they are.

UB4355.jpg

Again, thanks Rain!

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 4 of 31
latest reply

Thanks OCN .. this is what's so great about jewelry  ...learn something new everyday, I had no idea there was a Loyal Order of the Moose!

Things are quiet around here .. I guess pickings are slim, or maybe  folks aren't home from the sales yet.

No luck for me this AM.

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

X:)X

I am waiting to go out myself to a Christmas Fair. Not sure I will find Jools but maybe we will have a few minutes after to stop in somewhere 🙂
Message 6 of 31
latest reply

Oh, forgot to say sorry you didn't find anything this morning 😞
Message 7 of 31
latest reply

Enjoy the Fair, and be sure to post here if you find some goodies.

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

Love the silver goose!

And the bling kami strikes again. We were expecting some Japan bead necklaces and similar stuff.  What we found was...

Bracelets - the black one is Vendome

bracelets.jpg

Earrings: Sarah Cov, Hobe, Weiss, Trifari, Whiting & Davis

earrings.jpg

The two crystal ones are Vendome

necklaces.jpg

Pins, mostly Monet and Trifari

pins.jpg

Necklace & earring sets. The lavender moonglow is Vendome; the dark (fake Asian) and red & goldtone are Trifari.

sets1.jpg

And miscellaneous sets. The blue set was marked Juliana; it's certainly flashy enough but I can't find anything on Aged & Opulent or in the Ann Pitman book where D&E used those shield-shaped stones. Other two pin and earrings sets are Trifari.

sets2.jpg

Hoping the sales fairy is as kind as the bling kami has been lately!

flotsamlogo
Message 9 of 31
latest reply

alway liked moonglow.  Arlene that sterling brooch next to the coral necklace looks pretty nice! (not that the necklaces dont look nice too lol)

Just a few fun modern pieces for me:

unsigned long skull pendant necklace, a fun pyramid stud collar necklace, and three sweet Juicy Couture crystal necklaces

DSC_0001.JPG

Sandy do you have the Juicy COuture dangle and clasp yet for your site?

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 10 of 31
latest reply

I went to a much-anticipated church sale today and blew $$$$.  On the other hand, I found some good stuff.  The photos aren't too good, but by the time I could take pictures the light was shot.  And I wasn't going outside in 30F for photos.  

101_0052.JPG

Most of the sterling, including a big Nye dogwood brooch and some Siam screwback temple dancer earrings. 

101_0051.JPG

Root beer bakelite.  This is the tip of the iceberg, but I haven't found anything really good in a while. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 11 of 31
latest reply

Blue, I'm sitting here laughing at your comment about expecting bead necklaces ....so true! Well the bling kami is obviously smiling upon you lately, you've had some fabulous scores.

Ruth, lucky you if that's only the tip of the ice berg.

Although I must admit Friday night's bazaar was like that for me.

Here are a few more finds from that sale and a consignment shop earlier on Friday.

Cleio, here's a close up of that sterling brooch, and also a little jadeite carved Buddha charm in 14k.

001.JPG

Some modernist items. The rose quartz necklace is Kupittaan Kulta, Finland. The ring on the right is sterling and the other one is pewter.

005.JPG

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

Well, after last week we were looking to pick up lower end stuff cheap. That kind of stuff is my bread and butter on eBay - the better pieces don't get listed here - plus I'm currently looking for casual and colorful as resortwear season will be here after the holidays. All I can say is, that sales fairy needs to get her wand out!

flotsamlogo
Message 13 of 31
latest reply

interesting, Blue.

I've started selling online again. Not here, on another site. I'm finding sales slow but steady. Started listing about mid-Oct. and have had about 19 sales. Very few views, but when folks find the listings, they tend to buy. eBay seems to have so much more traffic ... I'm thinking of selling here come the new year but am so nervous with my low feedback score.

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

Cleio, funny you should ask that.  I was taking a look at your items and said to myself, I don't think I have that dangle.  LOL, great minds and all that.  I tried to pick your picture and can get the heart necklace really well, but need a close up of the dangle and clasp.  It doesn't come out clear when I tried to crop it.  I appreciate the help.

Message 15 of 31
latest reply