cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on a couple of pieces...

Thought I would do it in all one post and not hog the board!

These bracelets are lightweight and look like brass, but do not smell like brass...ideas? Ans is that simply called art glass on the dice bracelet? Whatever that is, looks to be inside, maybe at the bottom projecting out.

065.JPG070.JPG054.JPG

Once a word has been allowed to escape, it cannot be recalled.~Horace

Favorite quote ever! Lori
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

And this necklace....fancy N on the top of the pendant, bale and near the lobster claw. Looks like the Napier "N" to me. Thinking newer based on design and lobster claw. Can someone confirm this is Napier?

074.JPG077.JPG079.JPG

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

The second one looks like Millefiori Murano Glass. See if it has Italy stamped on it anywhere. I can't make out the handpainted flowers very well.

Diane

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Nope, Italy nowhere to be found. Interestingly enough, the square glass is actually 2 pieces on top of one another and I can feel where the "holes" are chipped out or impressed into the top piece of glass. I did find this type of construction when searching millefori, but nothing quite like these.  Hhhhmmmmm!

066.JPG071.JPG

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Hmmmm they do look like brass , but they are probably yellow gold filled alloy metal .

Yes I would say art glass would be a good description . I thought that bracelet looked like millefiori from far away also . The zoom picture shows a different tale . That bracelet is so cool . Even has heart links on the back .

On the necklace . I thought the Napier name was always written out so I'll be interested to hear if someone knows if this is a modern mark of theirs . Hopefully Sarah will take a look at this soon . She would be a good one to weigh in . She has been checking out some of the modern marks in the mall . Like you said , it does have a newer lobster claw .
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Thanks for the input everybody! I really appreciate it!!

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Or not ... 😞
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Thanks for the suggestion 😜

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Kinda looks similar at first 😉

We have a brand here in Canada called Nikki which is pretty like your necklace.
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

You might be on to something . Illusion Jewels Researching Costume Jewelry says an "N" in an oval is Napier . Does this one look like an oval or a circle ?
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Bracelets - maybe artisan made? I know blanks like this are readily available; made with discs so you can glue on whatever you want. I have a few myself in my "to do" stash
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Oh my goodness, woke up with a laugh! This whole time I have had RCJ's "N" page up because I first went there looking for the N...too bad I did not read instead of scroll down looking for the actual mark (one of those if it were a snake, I'd have been bitten!) Definately a circle though on the pendant and bale UNLESS they are talking about an oval on the connecter piece? Either way, looks like you would see the mark on an older piece instead of what looks and feels newer to me. For the bracelet, I could totally see artisian! TIA for eveyone's input!!

Message 13 of 13
latest reply