cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Vendome Screwback Clip Earrings~any and all help is greatly appreciated

I purchased these earrings today and need to know if Vendome was ever spelled without the "e" on the end?  Don't know if these , well I do know they are older, but it looks like there would have been room for the e    Thanks,  Carolyn

DSCN7374.JPGDSCN7379.JPGDSCN7383.JPGDSCN7380.JPG

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Question on Vendome Screwback Clip Earrings~any and all help is greatly appreciated

Mornin Carolyn. I think these are legit..even to the type of clip.

My thinking is (and it`s only a guess) that as these look to be some of the later years production..it`s just a mis-strike.

Seems to me like I can see the decline in 'pride in workmanship' as  jewelry companies (among others) moved into the 60`s & 70`s compared with earlier pieces.   In other words, it`s almost like the factory managers saying. "So what if it`s missing the 'E' or if there`s a glob of solder..produce it anyway. "   That`s my take on it anyway Cat Happy

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

The only way I have ever seen their hallmark is Vendome, with the "e" at the end. Vendome was a high-quality line that succeded Corocraft and was in business from 1944 to 1979. If you do decide to list these make sure you list them exactly as spelled on the back.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Will do Treasureuhs & Sarah & thanks so much.  Evwn if they spelled them wrong, they come with a cool snake charmer basket.  Well maybe for a baby cobra.  LOL!DSCN7376.JPGThanks, Carolyn

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I found the E  It's there, I swear I think I'm going blind and I know I'm going crazy!

Carolyn 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

LOl I think we are all goin blind sometimes!!  

Try a close up shot from the opposite side of the cartouche where the E should be..the camera should show it

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I just peeked at your listing & I can now see the E also!  Nice to know they are indeed,

VENDOM (E)  Cat Wink

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Glad you found the skinny E  🙂

Message 8 of 8
latest reply