cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about a Milk Glass Bracelet

I have this unsigned bracelet with milk glass and rhinestones. I was wondering if I would call the metal japanned? The back is throwing me off because it isn't black. I know its a reach, but you don't think it is D&E? Or maybe even Weiss?  I'm pretty clueless about this one so I appreciate any help. Thanks!

IMG_6114.jpg

IMG_6110.jpg

IMG_6111.jpg

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Definitely not Japanned.  Very doubtful on D&E & really I don`t think Weiss either. 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I agree with 1940fc  - even unsigned milk glass is really popular.  I just listed a necklace that could almost go with your bracelet.  

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Finish could be Antiqued Silvertone or Gunmetal. Leaning towards Gunmetal.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

You don't think it's just tarnish?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Too even to be tarnish. They used a black finish to contrast with the white stones, but it's rubbed off the back from spending a lot of time on a wrist. Means it was somebody's favorite bracelet and she wore it a lot.

flotsamlogo
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Just a quick stop on my soapbox... Weiss did not make jewelry, they had it made for them. If it is unsigned it could be by anyone including one of the jobbers who made for Weiss. Those jobbers made pieces for other companies and also for themselves. For that reason, JMHO, I wouldn't never list anything as "unsigned Weiss", for me, if it isn't signed, it isn't Weiss, but that's just me 🙂

Also wanted to say, this is a lovely bracelet!
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Is the clasp not attached at one corner? (2nd pic)

flotsamlogo
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Marie, I'd add a caveat to that: "If it isn't signed or otherwise independently verified" because sometimes there was only an AWCo card.

flotsamlogo
Message 9 of 9
latest reply