cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pools of light???

Do y'all think these are pools of light or something else??? Please let me know if you need additional information from me. TIA for the help! 🙂

2015-07-07 18.30.04.jpg

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Pools of light???

My understanding is that pools of light are never drilled, but encased in a mount.

Message 2 of 39
latest reply

Pools of light???

I thought so too but there are listings on eBay that are? 

Message 3 of 39
latest reply

Pools of light???

Because the beads are drilled through not POL but could still be clear quartz which is the same stone.
Message 4 of 39
latest reply

Pools of light???

Thank you, OCN. 

Message 5 of 39
latest reply

Pools of light???

I think I see air bubbles which would mean glass

photo rose_zps07ff3a19.jpg
Kay
Message 6 of 39
latest reply

Pools of light???

Yes, there are bubbles. It's cold to the touch. 

I just remembered I have a quartz bracelet and pulled it out. The bracelet isn't smoothed out but the necklace and bracelet don't feel or look alike. A similar looking necklace sold on eBay - described as "Ice Crystal Raw Pendant Rock Quartz Winter Smooth Gem". The one I have needs cleaned. 

If anyone's knowledgeable on rough quartz, please let me know what you think. 

How would you describe the necklace? As always, thanks to everyone for the help and expertise!

2015-07-07 19.09.04.jpg

Message 7 of 39
latest reply

Pools of light???

It looks like the crystals are mostly Double terminated. Not sure if they are natural terminations or faceted. If the edges of the points are very smooth than they are hand finished.
Message 8 of 39
latest reply

Pools of light???

I'll have to research that word but the edges aren't smooth. 

Message 9 of 39
latest reply

Pools of light???

The bracelet is natural Quartz Crystal points . I agree with the Jeweled Feline , the necklace looks like drilled glass orbs or beads .

Mermaid 🐳
Message 10 of 39
latest reply

Pools of light???

Thanks, Mermaid! Is the description I gave earlier accurate?

Message 11 of 39
latest reply

Pools of light???

Sorry but I don't see your description .

Maybe .... Vintage drilled clear glass orb necklace . Then in the description say it was inspired by the Antique Pools of Light . Wait for someone else to weigh in . There might be a better way to describe it .
Message 12 of 39
latest reply

Pools of light???

One more thing .... Are the silver beads and necklace Sterling . Like those liquid silver strands ?
Message 13 of 39
latest reply

Pools of light???

For description, I meant the quartz bracelet. Here's a similar (wishful thinking) listing:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/251171027533?nav=SEARCH

That sounds great for the necklace - thank you! Do you know what type of chain that is? 

Message 14 of 39
latest reply

Pools of light???

Hold on - I'll get pics too

Message 15 of 39
latest reply