cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd thing on back of brooch

I found this old Coro brooch which has something odd on the back.  It looks like something you would put a scent in but there is no way to open it.  There are two metal "fold overs" on the top and bottom and the center has what looks like cotton in it.  Has anyone run across something like this before?  Any ideas on how to you would put the scent in it?  Maybe drip it onto the exposed cotton?  Does anyone have a link to the Coro patents--it does say pat pend. And does it look like something should have been attached to the middle of the front.

IMG_1218.JPGIMG_1223.JPGIMG_1224.JPG

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

The thing that might have been attached could have been a Pansy Flower. Not sure if that was the only possible flower blossom. I found an image on google by searching "Coro Scent Brooch".
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Here is a link to the patent site, you will see that there other companies as well.

http://www.jewelrypatents.com/index.php#!page=content&co=59&msg=Company:%20Coro

An umbrella and a mind have a lot in common, they both function better when open.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for the link--I bookmarked it.  And I do think there was a pansy attached after looking at a similar one on google--thanks so much for the help!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply