cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help Native Sterling Large Purple Pendant signed 925 SOM ??

DSC00073.JPGDSC00081.JPGDSC00073.JPG

Can anyone tell me who this maker is, Is it Native ?? It is signed 925 with what appears to be SOM, it is very heavy and quite large, it weighs 5.3 ounces, it is 4 1/4" by 1 1/2" by 1" thick, i assume the stone is quartz??

Kenny
Photobucket
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Native somewhere, but not in the US. I'd be thinking Bali or Thailand with odds on Thailand.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Could be from another country like India , or Thailand , but I'm leaning towards an American new age artist ( not Native American Indian ) . You say it's very large . IT is an Amethyst Quartz traditionally used in Healing ceremonies . Smaller cabochons on top are different semi precious gemstones , one is Carnelian , but others are hard to see in the picture . Hope this helps !
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Thanks both of you i will look ts see if i can find the maker in another country.
Kenny
Photobucket
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

What is your price?
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Its not for sale yet, but it will be after the first of year
Kenny
Photobucket
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

I just wanted to say thank you, a member on this board helped me to identify the maker, it is Danish, Svendborg & Omegns Museum (SOM), Thanks very much

Kenny
Photobucket
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

I'm not seeing a Danish mark here, or anything that suggests this is Scandinavian, but I could be wrong. LOL certainly not the first time!

Kenny, what source or info was cited for this being by the Svendborg & Omegns Museum (SOM)?

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

The mark looks the same as the one on 925.com, but we could be wrong too
Kenny
Photobucket
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

I'm not seeing anything Danish either, this style is usually Indonesian or the like.  I also don't see an example of the mark, just the listing of SOM as the mark of the museum.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

I agree that there is little chance that this is Scandinavian.  There is just nothing stylistically Scandinavian about it.

I also agree that it is likely from Indonesia, or somewhere like that.  It is a little more elaborate than some, but would fall under the quartz crystal pendant designation.  If my memory serves, they became popular in the 1980's or '90's...and were primarily decorative, but then became popular in the range of shops that sold stones for healing/tranquility, etc.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Exactly what I was thinking .....sold in a New Age Shop or something for healing . He says it's rather large .
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Well you know i trust you ladies here, so i will keep looking, and yes i agree it must be some kind of healing pendant it weighs almost 6 ounces, Thanks again for everyone's input.

Kenny
Photobucket
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Since i can not find anything like this one, should i not worry with the orgin, and just say large purple quarts stone pendant??

Kenny
Photobucket
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Hi Kenny,

Merry Christmas to you!

How about:

Vintage New Age Sterling Large Amethyst Quartz Pendant with Semi-Precious Accents signed 925 SOM

Message 15 of 18
latest reply