cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Confirmation this is Avon ... Please

This is one of my favorite Christmas Tree pins.  I have one that is simply signed NR I found another one that is signed BW.  I have found them listed as Nina Ricci (NR) and now Butler Wilson (BW).  I have also found a couple listed as Avon.  I think these were made by Avon, but I would really like confirmation of this and if you have the information, what year they were made and what year they were made.  TIA

I suppose a picture would be helpful?

SB4411.jpg

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Sandy..this is shown on page 162 in Identifying Avon Jewelry

Angel Tree Pin  1999

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thanks Sarah.  That is what I figured.  Nina Ricci and Butler Wilson for the same pin ... was just not making sense.  Avon being produced in different locations did.  I don't deal much in Avon, but seem to recall seeing the fact that Nina Ricci never did design for Avon, and I'm pretty sure that Butler Wilson never did either.  Since you have the book, can you confirm that those facts?

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Lemme check the beginning of the book & see.  I agree, tho..different factories with different markings..but will see if any info is ion there

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Sorry, no info in the beginning 'informative' section of the book regarding these or any other initials.  I, myself, have only seen things with the NR marking. 

You may have already seen this,but  from Lily`s Vintage Jewelry 

Vintage Avon Jewelry

NOTE: The initials on some Avon pieces (NR, BW, SP, SH, WN etc.) are NOT designer initials as many have attributed online.
This quote directly from Avon:
"The initials on some of our jewelry pieces are an internal company code for our jewelry in manufacturing. This identifies the vendor who has manufactured the jewelry for us. In some cases, the same piece of jewelry could be manufactured by two different vendors."

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I read the same thing on Illusion's Researching Costume Jewelry.  I just wanted to confirm for myself and to reconfirm the information for those that may come across this piece.  Like I said, it is one of my favorites.  I had just never found it signed BW before.  Thanks again. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I believe that mark NR is for Nancy and Rise :

https://www.etsy.com/listing/204303288/nancy-and-rise-ny-faux-pearl-and?ref=market

You can't fix crazy but you sure can document it.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

LOL.  Those little Angels sure seem to get around a lot, don't they?  Smiley Embarassed Smiley Wink Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
latest reply