cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Native American Cuff Bracelet with turquoise - are they real? - I didn't attach photos, sorry

Any help on idenifying the stones would be appreciated. thank you. I think this is from the 1940s or earlier. 

WP_20150302_016.jpgWP_20150302_017.jpgWP_20150302_019.jpgWP_20150302_023.jpg

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Native American Cuff Bracelet with turquoise - are they real? - I didn't attach photos, sorry

we may be able to give you a direction if we can see the photos better, but its hard to provide an actual ID based on pics only. What is the metal?

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for your reply -- that opens another level of inquiry -- I am not sure if this is silver or some alloy. Here are larger pictures in case that helps. The color of the stones becomes almost greenish depending on the humidity.  I think I will check this out with my local jeweler, as I have googled similar images and can't see anything quite like this. I don't want to make claims about the stones or the metal without having a bit more info.  

WP_20150302_016.jpgWP_20150302_023.jpg

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Looks like a beautiful older piece- it looks very legit to me!  j

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

The designs etched/stamped on the metal look more like MesoAmerican as opposed to Native American; possibly Mexico. Are there any hallmarks or marks of any kind on the piece?

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I sort of agree with Keith, it is not exactly NA in design.. I would have to do some search  myself.. Nice bracelet.. does it attach to a magnet?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thank you. I am going to investigate further and if I can't get a history on it I will at least confirm what the stones and the bracelet itself are made of.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I haven't gotten to the point of trying to clean it up -- I may take it to the jewelers to see if they can help with this.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi: Thanks for the suggestion. It doesn't attach to my kitchen magnet so that is evidence of something...I am going to keep searching for similar items. As far as I know, my great aunt in Minnesota acquired it, probably anytime between 1920 and 1940, and I have had it since the 1960s. Google image search is really helpful, but after a while MEGO (my eyes glaze over)....
Message 9 of 9
latest reply