cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maker? Famililar? Blue beads, rhinestones and goldtone set.

I posted this brooch and earring set on the weekend finds, but it has not been looked at that I can tell.

Sorry if redundant! 

This set is one of my finds on Sat. Never seen this set before and it looked so pretty I tested it for gold and diamonds, laugh if you want to - ha! Have no idea where to look as it is unmarked. Anyone familiar with the maker? I do appreciate the help that is found on this board!!092.JPG090.JPG093.JPG

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Boy I wouldnt know where to begin with this..it`s lovely!

Have never seen such a unique design before.  I`ll start digging around 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Sarah, Thank you! I have dug around off and on since I found it - no avail to anything even near. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Do the beads have a light AB coating on them..or is it just 'normal dirt' or can you tell?

Some look plain..others look like they could be coated..so that`s why it`s hard to tell from the photo.   Course if AB coated..that could be your early cut off date (1955 I think is when that began) 

For some reason it has a German or Austria look about it to me.just a hunch....dunno

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Yes, slight AB finish on tops of the beads, could be worn off of the back and  sides. Was being cautious in not cleaning.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I'll have to agree with Sarah . I was thinking German or Austrian too . I have a similliar Purple Aurora Borealis bead , dangle brooch myself . Mine does not have rhinestones though . Only thing is , it not marked either . Yours is very pretty .

Mermaid 🐳
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Thank you Sarah and Mermaid for the replies! Still hoping some one knows who, when and where!!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

What is making this unusual for me..it doesn`t appear that the beads dangle nor have any movement..it`s more like they are on 'stems' & stationary. ..correct?

Gonna go out for awhile  but will do some more searching later today

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

One thing, it's not uncommon for beads to be "half finished" with the AB coating on only one side. That means when you wear it some of the beads flash and some show color. I don't know when the style started but it's from no later than the mid 60s.

flotsamlogo
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Sarah, The beads do not move - only movement is the dangle at the bottom of the brooch. I continue to search! I do appreciate all of you and your help!

Jackolin

Message 10 of 10
latest reply