cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's almost Halloween. Trick or treat! Smell my ... eye candy Wednesday

Put 'em up if you got 'em.  Please keep the images smaller for faster loading, and as always no live auctions.

Lousy photo of a bitty pietra dura pin.Lousy photo of a bitty pietra dura pin.Mystery piece - thread startedMystery piece - thread startedRough amber nugget/chip beads with an Alva signed pendant.  I performed the marriageRough amber nugget/chip beads with an Alva signed pendant. I performed the marriage

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

@evelyb30 Love the combo on the necklace you made
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Thanks. They were both at the same tag sale. The beads were brand new and the pendant just sort of said "I wanna go on those". So on she went.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Yes, you do good work, ev.  Nice stuff!  I ran into the crazy cat-pin lady at a recent yardsale.  She was only asking $10 for all of them, so now I'm the crazy cat-pin lady Smiley Very Happy.  Two of them are sterling, several are JJ, there's a LizTech, etc.:

1015161.JPG

Brooches - three sterling, one brass and one pot metal:

108164.JPG

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Super cat pins! What a fun buy, Dream.

My camera's batteries are dead, so I can't take any pics right now, but I had a very nice score recently. Went to a garage sale and found a whole bunch of French 950 standard silver items, not jewelry unfortunately, but a huge tray (22 inches long) weighing a whopping 2 kgs, serving pieces, jugs, a large bowl, spoons, etc etc. all marked with the French Minerva Head and 1 ---- indicating the 950 standard.  Every single silver item at the garage sale was French  silver. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

That buy sounds super exciting, arlene!  Don't you have any all night battery stores you can pop out to so we don't have to wait much longer to see the pics?  LOL!

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

^5 Arlene! It doesn't matter whose hallmarks are on silver or gold, it all melts just the same. If you're melting and not hoarding that is.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Holy cow Arlene, sounds like a real score!

Well here goes trying to put photos in with the new format...

D&E, I saw it laying on a table as soon as I walked into a junk-hunter's-dream store near me, snatched it up right away!

JulianaSkyGrnGryBracelet.jpg

Same day, I'm still pinching myself! This needs repair but if I can find the right beads I can easily do it myself, the beads along the right side of the clasp are missing. Haskell necklace, the mark looks to be mid 1950s to 1960s.

HaskellMGChoker.jpg

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Thanks folks it really was a happy dance kind of garage sale. My lucky day for sure. When I have time I will post pics. I'm hoarding them, no scrapping. I love French silver and so they are staying with me in "the cave".

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Couldn't help adding this one.  HEAVY Chinese sterling.Couldn't help adding this one. HEAVY Chinese sterling.Flurries they said. It won't stick they said.  BULL says I.  The lawn is now white.Flurries they said. It won't stick they said. BULL says I. The lawn is now white.

This is Connecticut, and we need rain.  That was rain Mr Weather Dude, not snow.  

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

You guys did great this week! Arlene - your cave must look like a Pirate's Den!  And Dream, you don't need even half that many cats to be a Cat Lady - isn't four or more all it takes? You'd better watch your stash or Kay will be cat-snatching your critters. And Marie, I do love that bracelet, am partial to the gray colored pieces and bracelets in particular (also blue, purple, green, lol). And I agree, Ev performs good marriages.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply