cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's Saturday - Time for Weekend Bling!

Hope everybody had as good a haul as I did yesterday!

Fall colors: a pair of Regency brooches, Renoir and Warner earrings, and some brown moonglow

fall.jpg

Star-Art Sterling set, Bogoff earrings and a honkin' big KJL that's supposed to be a replica of one he designed for Jackie O. Sorry about the quality: my phone can't handle this much bling!

rhinestones.jpg

Avon, Monet, Trifari Patent Pending, and Radi made in Spain

nostones.jpg

And a pile of unsigned beauties

unsigned.jpg

flotsamlogo
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Well shoo, the board gave me an error message about invalid html (don't know why) and deleted the best stuff!

Weiss is nice

weiss.jpg

flotsamlogo
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Super finds Blue and I am having a good giggle here over your comment that your phone can't handle this much bling! Love it. Nice haul.

I love cat brooches and found this little charmer. So cute.

032.JPG

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

What a score, blue!  You must still be on Cloud 9!  Arlene, love the kitty brooch!  For once, it didn't rain this morning and I had some luck at the yardsales. 

The set on the right is Anne Klein and the poured glass necklace on the left is Anne Klein Couture:

1018141.jpg

Check out this massive Napier cuff!:

1018142.jpg

Some miscellaneous.  Silver, gold, some signed, some not.  The cuff necklace is stamped ""TC Sterling":

1018143.jpg

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Not jewelry but cool.  Bonwit Teller fur hat and Italian faux fur and leather hat:

1018144.jpg

Framed Victorian paper fan dated 1912:

1018145.jpg

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

nice bling today!

BOB MACKIE

e

I THINK THIS IS D&E, ONLY 1 EARRING

E

CORO

E

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down.
Wilson Mizner
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Nice stuff! The only jewelry I'm seeing this weekend is on this thread. 🙂
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Here are a few more of my newest acquisitions.

SB4165.JPG

Napier

SB4222.jpg

West Germany brooches

UB4338.jpg

Unsigned, but not worthy.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Nice finds everyone! Love your kitty Arlene, and Dream that cuff is gorgeous!

A few of my finds at an estate sale Friday. I know the sales are almost over here with our winter weather coming.

Crown Trifar wide link bracelet, Butterscotch Bakelite clip earrings, Mamselle kitty brooch, Originals by Robert Strawberry brooch, different than others I've seen, a pair of Sterling Rhinestone brooches (missing a few stones) Park Lane owl necklace, and a Sarah Coventry Turn A Bout bracelet, necklace set. 

Sat eye candy

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

LOL Eclectic, I have weekends like that too!

Sandy that turtle is just too cute!

Vera, I really like the look of that strawberry brooch by Robert. 

Dream, ever since I got the Napier book last year I have been lusting after Napier, just don't see anything like that extraordinary Napier cuff of yours around Ottawa...I think Ottawa has historically been very conservative and folks just don't wear BLING! Too sad. Very nice items you found today.  That framed fan is also so interesting....

Bernadette, that Bob Mackie set is something I would expect to see in a magazine .. it  looks FABULOUS.

Blue, that Kenneth Lane piece is DIVINE.  I keep an eye out for his stuff ever since that wonderful necklace Cali found a while back. 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Wowzer! Ya`ll had a jam up day it looks like!!  That Bob Mackie set..oh my!!! 

Hit the thrifts & got a ton of clothing  as usual Cat Very Happy..went to small  flea mkt & found a few pcs

Pretty sure this pin & the box are Celluloid. The pin back is applied with additional celluloid. Will do a sep. thread on it

DSCN4930.JPG

DSCN4933.JPG

Art Deco?

DSCN4932.JPG

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Arlene, I love your cat!

Yes, it's been feast-or-famine all year but this may be my best haul ever... and the most amazing things about it was that the dealer running the sale doesn't know a bleedin' thing about costume jewelry and the stuff was dirt cheap, plus I got in ahead of a jewelry shark and bagged ALL the good stuff! We'll definitely be going to more of this guy's sales! And to make DH's day, we got to check out a really good brewpub. (This sale was way over on the east side of Detroit and it used to be impossible to get him to drive all that way... but since we got into craft beer it's been as simple as calling a cat with a can opener.)

flotsamlogo
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

It goes with my basic rule - try to buy jewelry from a toy or tool guy, and tools and toys from a jewelry dealer.  You may not always score, but when you do it tends to be pretty big.  

101_0058.JPG

My best find today.  It's not jewelry, but it's not a phone either; it's a replica carved out of graphite.  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

WOW- Awesome finds.  I miss going and finding treasures of my own!  I just dig through my consignors things now- so nothing is really "my" find but I did come across an amazing ring on Friday. 5.5 carat Emerald in a huge gold setting.  I'll have to have this one appraised - just in case it really is something special.

IMG_9052.JPG

Message 14 of 14
latest reply