cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's February - let's chat

Cute-February-2014-Calendar.jpg

It's hard to believe, but February's here.  Let's hope the groundhog does not see his shadow tomorrow.  We have Valentine's Day and President's Day coming up and maybe warming temps.  Fredi Froggi has a birthday Tuesday - any others?  Just let us know what's on your mind.

photo rose_zps07ff3a19.jpg
Kay
Message 1 of 133
latest reply
132 REPLIES 132

Good morning Kay..what a pretty start to a chat! 

I am thrilled that Feb is here..things are starting to bloom around here..I`m just waiting to hear my 1st tree peepers & I`ll be happy!  LOL  I started some tomato & pimento pepper seeds Friday..gonna do 2  seed sowings this year a few weeks apart to see to what happens. My fingers are itching to play in the dirt of course.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day..be back later! heart

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 133
latest reply

Sarah ,
I am so ready for spring with you . I am itching to get my fingers in the dirt as well . That is great that you planted tomato and Pimento seeds . I love it ! I'm about to go take the sheet of my Pansy's . It feels awfully warm out there today .
Dana
Message 3 of 133
latest reply

My preference is milk chocolate, but any excuse to celebrate with chocolate is a good one!

dark chocolate.jpg

Kay
Message 4 of 133
latest reply

Is that today ? Oh I will definitely have to celebrate Thais holiday , and Lindt too , my favorite !
Message 5 of 133
latest reply

Happy Feb chat!! I am all up for chocolate! Milk and dark! So happy dark chocolate day 🙂

Did any one else notice the Super Bowl was today? *gigglet*  Only reason I ask is because I live in Phoenix. The hubby and I do not pay any attention to sports, but all week we saw BLIMPS! BLIMPS EVERY WHERE!  All week.

2015-01-25 18.37.25.jpg2015-01-25 18.38.09.jpg

I actually took these pictures on Jan 25th. They started flying around a day or 2 before. Hopefully all the attention is good for our local economy! I recorded the Super Bowl. Have no real plans to watch it. 

Message 6 of 133
latest reply

Does anyone have a good recipe for Stewed Groundhog?

Kay
Message 7 of 133
latest reply

HELLO

Feb

Please be kind to my friends!

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 8 of 133
latest reply

@the_jeweled_feline wrote:

Does anyone have a good recipe for Stewed Groundhog?

Cat Wink

Waco Groundhog in Sour Cream:

Ingredients:
1. Groundhog, skinned and cleaned
2. ½ cup vinegar
3. 1 tablespoon salt
4. 2 quarts water
5. 2 teaspoons soda
6. ½ cup flour
7. 1 teaspoon salt
8. ½ teaspoon Allspice
9. ½ cup bacon fat
10. 3 small wild onions
11. ½ cup water
12. 1 cup sour cream

Instructions:
Skin and clean the groundhog. Place groundhog in a pot with water, ½ cup of vinegar, and 1 tablespoon salt. Let stand overnight. Remove, wash, and pat dry with a damp cloth. In a large pot, combine 2 qt. water and 2 T soda, bring to a boil. Add groundhog. Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Drain and rinse the meat. Cut into serving pieces. Combine flour, salt, and allspice, coating the pieces of groundhog with the mixture.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Melt the bacon fat in a frying pan. Brown meat on all sides. Transfer browned meat to a greased 4 qt. casserole dish.
Place sliced onions on top of the meat, add water, cover, and bake in preheated oven for 2 hours until meat is tender.
Transfer meat to a heated platter to keep warm. Put a dish on top of the stove over medium heat and spoon in the sour cream, stirring constantly. Add the meat back in and simmer for 15 minutes.

Message 9 of 133
latest reply

Leave it to Sarah!Smiley Happy

Kay
Message 10 of 133
latest reply

Did that dang groundhog see his shadow?  I haven't seen anything yet but there is NO sun here and we are not too far from where he is suppose to be!  LOL Sarah, on the recipe.  If anyone would have that it would be you but, do people really eat them?  Claudia

Message 11 of 133
latest reply

Yes they surely do!  I draw the line at that & possum!  LOL 

Message 12 of 133
latest reply

Okay - dumb question.  Has EBay now decided to create "Me" pages for those of us who didn't have them?  Not sure I like this - actually pretty sure I don't because the way it's set up is sort of meaningless. 

Kay
Message 13 of 133
latest reply

LOL, Kay, what "improvements" to eBay in the last four or five years hasn't been meaningless?

Anyway here is the offical read on good ole Phil:

Punxsutawney Phil came out on Groundhog Day 2015 and saw his shadow, promising six more weeks of winter. The famous prognosticating rodent's "forecast" was announced just before 7:30 a.m. at Gobbler's Knob in Punsxutawney, Pennsylvania.  Smiley Frustrated

HOWEVER!

Staten Island Chuck did NOT see his shadow.  So there is a conflict in predictions. Smiley Wink

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 14 of 133
latest reply

OK, so Chuck is my man!  I have had enough winter!

Message 15 of 133
latest reply