cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this script Chinese or Japanese?

I think I posted this some time ago for a translation, but the lettering wasnt clear enough.  Can anyone tell if this is Chinese or Japanese writing?  Other than the first charater is a regular latin alphabet K, Im not even sure where to start lol!

Its a small gold and pearl pendant.

chinese pearl drop pendant.jpg

chinese pearl drop pendant side.jpg

I need to get a better photo, but it will be a few days before I can work on that.

Thanks!

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I found this page which might be a little helpful as it shows one of the characters on your pendant's Mark.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=111652

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

hmmmm....maybe I should break out my gold tester and test this thing again Smiley Tongue

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

that first character is apparently used in both China and Japan.  Got ads from Tokyo when I searched with it  Cat Sad

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I think that could be HK before the Characters. That might mean Hong Kong. I found this image:

Screenshot_2015-10-07-08-12-20.png

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

The Pearls would seem to indicate Japan which made my first thought Japanese. Might still be if the lines in the background of the Mark in the image are consistent for Chinese. There are none in yours.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Another page that I think shows the second Character.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/296316-need-help-id-ing-marking-gold-ring.html

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Thanks, these sites are a good start! Ive seen thepieces that JCD has up, but I thought that the K was enclosed in a cartouche with nothing on the otehr side...

I really just need ot get off my diff and get a better photo! WIll do that asap!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

chinese pearl drop pendant mark.JPG

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

they are chinese, it means K gold

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

thanks! So the two characters mean 'gold'? does the K refer to karat, and the number (14, 18, etc) is missing?

Message 11 of 11
latest reply