cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this an authentic Chanel brooch?

Hello!  🙂

I've looked online and have seen similar/exact brooches, but most are from Japan.  It looks like it should be real but I am the farthest thing from an expert.  So I have come here.  Please note any green you see is actually the reflection of my green shirt.  🙂  Thank you in advance for any help.

chanel 4 leaf clover brooch.jpg

chanel 4 leaf clover brooch1.jpg

chanel 4 leaf clover brooch2.jpg

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

The little oval plate looks right but I am no expert either See this listing 231622853521 I did a google search and I do see where they have very good replicas of this one too hmm
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Yes, I did see that one.  I think there was one more listed and one the seller ended the auction.  I know they make fakes of every piece of Chanel.  This one looks good, but I just want to be sure. I really appreciate your input!  Thanks!!

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I dont know why my post didnt post? What I was saying was The messy solder by the hindge and the rough edges on the bottom 2 leaves would make me think fake JMHO

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I have sold four pieces of Chanel.  The plaque looks like what genuine Chanel would have, but the wear and the roughness in some of the metal spots makes me vote no..... I could be wrong.  JMHO.  

Tomorrow's another day.Tomorrow's another day.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I too am thinking the Chanel quality is just not here . Also something about the " C's " looks weak . I vote no . 

Mermaid 🐳

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I've handled lots of Chanel, and I agree with the others re quality.  Just for giggles, I tried googling images of their Fall, 1995 collection and saw no clovers (though that is certainly not a definitive metric!) 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Thank you everyone.  I appreciate the input!  It does have wear and I think it was banging around someones jewelry box.  The tag seemed genuine to me also.  But I wasn't 100% since I was not the one who purchased it!  🙂  I am very grateful to everyone who replied!  Thank you!!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

There is a site that does verification if you upload pictures. I used it on a necklace once. Just "google", ( I use Dogpile and founnd it in those results) "verify Chanel" and see if you can find it. I can't remember the name offhand but that's how I found it, either those words or "fake chanel".

Hope it helps,

Alex

Most used advice from my mother - Learn something new every day!
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Thanks Alex!  I will check it out!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply