cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this Necklace Antique?

Is this necklace antique? The back of the box clasp reads "Gold Fild" Each bead, I believe, is made of crystal. It's really pretty. Is this certain cut attributed to an era? There's a fine chain link rope that holds all the beads together. 

Any insight on this necklace is a win for me. Thank you for helping! IMG_2344.JPGIMG_2345.JPGIMG_2346.JPGIMG_2347.JPG

Twitter: @BergenPickers
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

The beads are crystal bicones which you would have to have tested to determine if they're rock crystal or lead crystal.  The bicone is probably the most used in these necklaces - really hard to pin a date.  My guess is that this may be a re-made piece.  Firstly, it appears to be longer than the usual choker.  That's a good thing because it's more versatile and many women look for this.  Secondly, most clasps are silver or silver-tone - this  doesn't look like one of the older clasps.  Thirdly, the use of the gold-tone spacers also says more modern.  My guess is that it was remade more recently with older beads from an older necklace - it my have been  a two-strander at an earlier time.  This is just MHO, so wait for others, and I think it is pretty and should sell well  

photo rose_zps07ff3a19.jpg
Kay
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

It looks very much like necklaces from R.F. Simmons Co..you might want to search that further...it might be a good possibility  

I`ve had a couple of these over the years..they were all strung on fine chain..Belle is the one that pointed me to them.   I honestly don`t remember about markings tho..you`ll have to check that out.

If Simmons..spacers are probably gf also

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I second RF SImmons as a possibility.  The clasps or rings are ususally marked, but when searching I got the impression that it wasn't always so

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

cleio & 1940fc, the jeweled feline - Thank you all for your input. I appreciate you helping me.
Twitter: @BergenPickers
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

It's looks like 1950 any way beautiful necklace
Message 6 of 6
latest reply