cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this Liz Claiborne's mark? Christmas Tree trembler pin.

The package at the bottom left is the trembler. The mark doesn't quite look like the same "LC" mark I've found, and can't find another mark like it, with the "C" inside the "L." Any help appreciated. Thank youl.

LC.jpg

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

First photo didn't post. Something about invalid HTML, and was removed, so here it is, again.

LC 1.jpg

Message 2 of 32
latest reply

I thought that was what the mark was on my butterfly but I was a little surprised at the detail on this pin . Now you got me wondering too hmmmmmmm..........
Message 3 of 32
latest reply

Your right , Illusion Jewels shows 3 different marks but not ours . I honestly was surprised at thow nice this pin was and now yours . You tree is also very cute and detailed ! It will be interesting to hear what the other Joolies have to say .
Message 4 of 32
latest reply

Pretty sure thats a recent mark. I know we have discussed it here before, but has been awhile

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 5 of 32
latest reply

Your butterfly is pretty! Same nicely made piece, as is the Christmas Tree.

Recent mark of Liz Claiborne, 1940?

I'll keep searching, in the meantime.
Message 6 of 32
latest reply

I love the purple and red ornaments hanging off of your tree . She must be making some nicer jewelry now .
Message 7 of 32
latest reply

Well, I did a search, within this Group, for "Claiborne." There are quite a few threads about this mark. Some don't have the photos any longer, though.

This is the best thread I could find, but there's also conflicting info about our mark belonging to Lauren Conrad, and at least one pin listed in the Vintage Jewelry category, with our mark, identifying the pin as Lauren Conrad, so I don't know......

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Jewelry-Gemstones/A-Big-Mystery/m-p/19341405/highlight/true#M42679
Message 8 of 32
latest reply

The more I search, the more confused I get. There is jewelry in the ended listings, with the same "LC" mark, identified as Lauren Conrad (whose mark isn't on Illusion Jewels). Also identified as belonging to Liz Claiborne. Then, there's jewelry listed, that has the same Liz Claiborn  "LC" mark as found on the Illusion Jewels website, but identified as Lauren Conrad.

Message 9 of 32
latest reply

I`m sure this is Liz Claiborne as I have had & sold several of the newer brooches with same mark, some  still in the box they came in. 

I have found a great way to find out about these newer marks is to go to the mall stores that sell the different lines & look at them.  Cat Happy 

Message 10 of 32
latest reply

That's good to hear . I was searching eBay for pins under both names . There were. Lot of Liz C. In the box but nobody would show the back !

I did notice that Liz had several different types of butterfy pins and Lauren had none , earrings but no pin . Then I noticed Liz had a few Christmas tree pins , but Lauren had none .

Then I looked at the style . Lauren's look very dainty and feminine . Ours look more like Liz's style .
Message 11 of 32
latest reply

Been trying to find my photos of a darling chubby enameled owl brooch I sold last year with cabachon eyes, but no luck... prolly too far back.  Cat Happy

But I agree..this stuff can be & will prolly always  will be confusing at times!  LOL 

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

If I didn't live 2 hours from the nearest mall, I'd go. Smiley Happy Heck, I don't even know if there's a Kohl's in Wyoming! Maybe in Casper....which is where the nearest mall is located.

Okay, I'm going to go with Liz Claiborne. I was thinking, too, that our pieces look more "substantial," than Lauren Conrad's pieces, and I didn't find any Christmas Tree pins by her, or any jewelry that trembles.

Thanks. 🙂

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

I like your idea of looking in the stores that sell the modern brands to take a peep at the backs . I hate the mall so I'm going to trust your memory on this one ! 😊 if you had one on the box marked like this that is good enough for me . I do have a Kohl's pretty close I could easily run in and out of . I think I'm just going to use your advice the next time I'm in a place like that to brush up on some modern makers marks , but not make a special trip , haha !
Message 15 of 32
latest reply