cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this Danish?

011.JPG009.JPGAny clue what this is?  Has a small hole on each side at top and one in the very bottom.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Is this Danish?

How big is it?  It might be for a "sweetheart" bracelet.  Ladies would have bracelets made with various add on plaques that were engraved with someone's name.  You'd string several in a row to make a bracelet, sometimes there were necklaces too.  My guess is that it's German (that looks more like a German name, the first name sort of looks like Karl).

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Is this Danish?

Thanks for the reply!  I think it would be too big for a bracelet for it's 2 3/8" top to bottom and 2" wide.   I first thought pendant because you could easely attach a chain on each side but why a hole in the bottom.  Of course I guess something could have hung from the bottom. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Is this Danish?

If it is that large, it could be for a wine bottle.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Is this Danish?

The 826 stamp certainly tends to indicate an early 20th century Danish mark. 

The lines on this are really lovely, with a nod to the Arts and Craft movement.

I wonder if the little holes suggest that this was affixed to something  with little nails..  Maybe a small leather box or  dresser jar, or  a wooden hand mirror?

I don't think this is a piece of jewelry ... not a charm and not a pendant.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Is this Danish?

I think Arlene nailed it.  Smiley Happy

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Is this Danish?

Thanks for the replies!  Just wanted to make sure I wasn't scraping something that was worth more than the silver content.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply