cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting snowflake texture on a vintage piece.

Nothing very special about this pin, looks to be 1930's/40's made to resemble the glass fruit salad jewelry by Trifari, etc.

The pastel insets are plastic, the enamel is cold painted.

I'm curious about the testure on the back, look to be snowflakes, all in pot metal.

Anybody seen this texture before, maybe a Czech piece ?

snowflake1.jpg

snowflake2.jpg

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

That's a really cool bit of artistry.  Czech might be a good guess. I'll have to keep thinking - it reminds me of something.

photo rose_zps07ff3a19.jpg
Kay
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thank you Kay. Smiley Happy

I thought it was interesting enough to bring home and study. I will probably throw it in a lot at some point but I really just brought it home for the education.

Hopefully someone has seen this texture before.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Hi Cali.  I have a potmetal brooch with this same texture on the back with the same hard plastic stones and cold paint enamel work.

UB4155-2.jpg

UB4155-3.jpg

I have always thought it might be New England Glass Works Company, but have never been able to prove it.  Maybe someone here can help with an ID.  I think the pieces and texture are unique enough that they are identifiable.  

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Oh wow, very cool Sandy ! Thanks for posting a cousin to mine. heart

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

What interests me about these pieces is that it's not an all-over texture such as 1928 or some of the others, but a carefully applied design exactly corresponding to the placement of the stones.   I would think this would be done  by a top-notch manufacturer

photo rose_zps07ff3a19.jpg
Kay
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Well I give up for now, those are not common everyday brooch/pins.. I looked in 20 costume jewelry books and I only have a few more that I did not look into.. I can not find either on of them.. They are both beautiful..

Sorry, I will look more later.. Need to go pick up the Grandkid from practice..

I love the enamel and inserts..

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

No help here, just wanted to say - SWEET! I have a real soft spot for these old pot metal pins 🙂
Message 8 of 8
latest reply