cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help identifying the maker of a gold ring

Hi All, 

Does anyone have a site that lists fine gold jewelry brands or marks? I am trying to figure out age and maker of this gold ring. I have posted this on the Fine Jewelry category but haven't had any comments. The mark for the maker or brand is EXTREMELY small and I have not been able to get a clear enough photo. I think the letters are Mil or Mila. Thank You!

DSCF9763.JPG

DSCF9738.JPG

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Can you post a full size cropped image of the mark.

Maybe someone with a good photo editor program can make it show better 🙂

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Thank you for your suggestion OCN. I have taken more pics. Like 30 of them. I hope these are good enough for someone to work with.

Thanks again!

DSCF9786.JPG

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Looking at it larger, I wonder if this might be a Middle Eastern Hallmark (maybe upside down) possibly Iranian or Egyptian rather than a Maker's Mark.

This might make sense as the stones look to be good quality Turquoise from that area.

This is just my best guess. Others have more experience with jewelry from this area of the world. Maybe Arlene can help?

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Could it be Milor?  Well know Italian gold, silver and costume maker.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Is the ring actually stamped 18k or 750, or is this tiny mark the only mark and it has tested  as 18k?  You mention on the Fine Board that it is 18k.

I wish I could help but am unable to make out anything of this mark ....

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Maybe try and take a picture through a loop or magnifying glass?

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Just checked your post to the Fine Jewelry Group and see that you state this ring is marked 750, so ignore earlier my question!!

750 would tend to indicate European origin.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

:waves: @ Arlene 🙂 

I didn't mean to put you on the spot 😞

A picture of the 750 Mark might help? Sometimes the shape of the plaque or stamp is specific to a country.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Hi OCN!! Smiley Happy

I agree a pic of the 750 stamp might help narrow this one down.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Try using a loupe or magnifying glass with your phone or camera. This always helps me blow up teeny stuff and usually you can get a clear pic if you fool with it a bit
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hi Everyone! 

I really appreciate your help.  I've listed this ring. I hadn't responded early cause I didn't want to keep bumping this post up. Thank you all for your help and suggestions. I've seen similar rings listed as 1950's Persian Turquoise (I never thought there could be Turquoise elsewhere in the world). Another unknown for me, but a good one.  I bought this as costume and never checked it over figuring I could resell. Thanks again! 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply