cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I found a treasure!!! Help with era 14k Yellow & Green Gold trombone slide pin/pendant

I was so lucky to have found this in a box lot, I can't believe it,  now I need help with dating the item.  I think the leaves are green gold.  I put the stones on the gem tester and it said the middle was ruby/sapphire and the purple ones I could not tell but kinda went between spinel, topaz and sapphire.  I know the presidium will not say if synthetic or not but no biggie.  The pin/pendant is not marked but tested solidly as 14k with acid and the auracle metal detector.    I was thinking because of the trombone closure and the fact that it's not marked might make it an antique but I'm no expert and I was wondering if you guys would chime in, please???    My weekend bling!!!  wooo hooo    This is why I love doing this   The hunt is so much fun  Thank you guys in advance  

new 003.JPGnew 003.JPGnew 007.JPG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

I found a treasure!!! Help with era 14k Yellow & Green Gold trombone slide pin/pendant

Could be an Antique c1900 - 1915 🙂

Can we see a pic of the side of the hinge, that might help date this.
Message 2 of 27
latest reply

Did you look inside the Bale and the Pin? If this is French the Mark might be verrry tiny.
Message 3 of 27
latest reply

new 036.JPGnew 037.JPG

Does this help?  Do you see green gold leaves too or is it my old eyes messing with me?  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

That's a beauty, gauntlett!  The center stone could be pink sapphire or a synthetic.  I love green gold!  Looks like a nice size, too!

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 5 of 27
latest reply

Nothing on the bale I thought for sure I would find a mark but I think it's good it wasn't marked because I suspect that's how it ended up in the box I got

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

Yes ty I found a whopper!!! Cool you see green gold too I thought I might be hallucinating !

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

Thanks for the pics. The hinge looks correct for Edwardian period. Do you have the Morning Glory Findings page Bookmarked?

Green Gold can be very subtle, I see a pale green color.
Message 8 of 27
latest reply

Is it possible that is a mark at the hinge end of the pin? I think I see some dents there.
Message 9 of 27
latest reply

I do have that page bookmarked but I always like to get a second opinion I'm a worry wart I've looked it over a whole bunch and cannot find any marks I don't what you are referring to What keywords would you use to describe this? The purple stones kinda look like iolite but tested more like sapphire weird...........

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

🙂

I use that page for my opinion 😉
Message 11 of 27
latest reply

I try also.......... I'm just too nervous in the service and love when others chime in

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

I had to check something and might have some good news 🙂

The Purple, White & Green are Suffragette colors 🙂
Message 13 of 27
latest reply

Congratulations on a wonderful Find !

Message 15 of 27
latest reply