cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Ruby Red Necklace

Every now and again I come accross beautiful pieces like these, with no makers marks, no indication as to what designer made it. What do I do with them? These look and feel as nice as any other designer brand from the same era, but aren't marked. Very frustrating... What do you do with these?

IMG_7056.JPG

IMG_7057.JPGIMG_7058.JPGIMG_7059.JPGIMG_7060.JPG

Twitter: @BergenPickers
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Unsigned rhinestone beauties. 🙂
Tomorrow's another day.Tomorrow's another day.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Lovely set!  Dunno who made it.. as so many other unsigned beauties..I`d probably hold on to it & list for the holidays  (mho of course  lol) 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

What do I do with them? Why, sell them!

These pieces were made by the SAME MANUFACTURERS that made jewelry for the major design labels. They were usually sold in department stores under house brand labels, sometimes with paper cards or hang tags.

I call them "own merits" pieces, because they sell on their own merits, not because of their brand name. And they do sell.

flotsamlogo
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for all your input ladies... Here's a link to a WEISS set I found: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Signed-WEISS-Vintage-Crimson-Ruby-RED-Rhinestone-Set-Pendant-NECKLACE-Earrin...

Now, what's so different about mine and the WEISS set. Obviuosly mine isn't signed. lol, I feel the quality is almost identical, yet what each set sells for is considerably different.
Twitter: @BergenPickers
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

The important thing to remember is that there were only so many manufacturers and most of those manufacturers made inventory for all the brand names. Like D&E made their own items to sell that were not signed but they also made inventory for other companies that were signed with those companies names. There was nothing to stop a manufacturer from reusing the patterns for themselves or other companies if their was no copyright on the design or once the contract expired.

I personally would not list it with a company name and these unsigned beauties can do well as bluedaemon said on their own merits. I also agree with 1940fc, it probably would bring a few more dollars due to the color around Christmas or Valentine's day.

An umbrella and a mind have a lot in common, they both function better when open.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply