cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please with frosted orb watch pin and ? on 1944 Trifari Sword pin

Got these beauties at a church sale and was wondering if this Trifari pattern had been faked, this looks real to me BWDIK

marked crown Trifari sterling pat pend. and last mark near clasp is a number ?? 10 ??

christmas 263.jpg

christmas 268.jpg

christmas 274.jpg

christmas 283.jpg

Then on this frosted glass orb, age and era would be nice to know,it came with the watch pin , but does not fit properly, when attached the pin does not want to close easily do you think it belongs together??

christmas 267.jpg

christmas 279.jpg

thanks in advance 🙂

You can't fix crazy but you sure can document it.
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Lovely pieces.

I cannot help with the first. Second looks a bit like Victorian Revival.

With a little gentle help will the ball slide down the hook farther?

Also have you checked for gold /silver content?

Can you post an end view of the Clasp. The shot you have looks a little like it might be earlier 20th Century but cannot tell for sure.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Try the pat. web site 122299 or 122300

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Nope I think 138522 might be it

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

@old.crows.nest wrote:

Lovely pieces.

I cannot help with the first. Second looks a bit like Victorian Revival.

With a little gentle help will the ball slide down the hook farther so it is below the pin when it is closed?

Also have you checked for gold /silver content?

Can you post an end view of the Clasp. The shot you have looks a little like it might be earlier 20th Century but cannot tell for sure.

Sorry, I did not complete my thought. Also forgot to mention that I see a mark at the top of the hook. What does it look like with a loupe?

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Thanks Hoss, I think that's the one, I was wondering if ya'll think it's been faked ?? I just can't believe I have the real thing 🙂

OCN, thanks, Here's the clasp, I think I also see some marks written across the front but cannot for the life of me make them out YET.  I was thinking of trying to push that hook where you attach the orb down a bit as that's where it seems to get hung up and you have to really push down on the clasp to position it to close it

But I'm afraid to break it 

christmas 291.jpg

christmas 292.jpg

I have not checked for gold content on either piece I'm still looking at those marks 🙂 

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Diane, your Trifari pin sure looks like the real deal to me just in seeing the pics..fingers crossed it is! It`s lovely 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Oh, Sorry Looks Real to me...... from what I can see....Very Pretty A local dealer has one but some of the clear rhinestones are missing and he wants a small fortune for it....I love Trifari....I have seen it in multiple stone variations 

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

If I am seeing correctly the catch for the clasp comes up from the bottom instead of over the top?

There is an example on this page on a 14K brooch:

http://www.morninggloryantiques.com/JewelChatFindings.html

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Thanks Sarah and Hoss n OCN 🙂 I PSYCHED................

I got quite a few nice pieces at the church sale I'll be asking ??'s on but want to try by myself first

OCN , Ok update on the orb in tween the sections on the wavy setting I see an S or  and teensie weensie "500" looks hand written, with some other letters I still cannot see they are so small..this does not look plated,

on the watch pin thinking rose gold?? I think I see a "D" and the stem looks brass, this might be plated but there seems to be etching on the front of the pin, not a design but letters,, there's "black" in the places where it has been soldered together at first I thought it was just greenies.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

That watch pin is a good 100 years old, so it could be anything. That foldover clasp goes back to WWI and before. I'm guessing very old and very good gold fill or rolled gold. I think the frosted glass piece is newer.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Thanks Evelyn, I am still louping it, think I will take the both pieces in to get tested. I think I see 15k on both maybe the jeweler can see it better?

Oh and I woke up to a bid on my trifari pin,,was so happy,,,but then found out someone in the "Russian Federation" where I don't ship to was able to bid,,,how in the heck does that happen??  I ship only to continental us and canada ,  upon checking the person out , seems they leave FB like they never received the package and or shipping charge was too much, so maybe a blessing in disguise, with a few red spots on their side.

Thank you all so much for your helpheart

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

It can probably happen if they have a shipping address in the US - it's pretty common with Russian buyers to use a relative or friend in the US as a forwarder.

flotsamlogo
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Thanks Blue for the info,,,I guess I'll just leave it as cancelled,,cause in their FB they say things like" should have been shipped to the Russian federation,,,and other people replied that they could not translate the address. Just too many red flags for me anywhooooo...but thanks for splaining...

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

I'd have cancelled and BLOCKED while I was at it. I ship darned near everywhere, but that bidder sounds like nothing but trouble.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 15 of 16
latest reply