cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed to ID /Age of red glass beaded necklace

Good Day everybody, This is a glass beaded necklace,I looked for a similar one to see if I found a match and the brand by comparing the metal parts but no luck, is there a web page that helps on the ID of unbranded jewelry pieces by comparing the metal parts,The earrings are plastic  unsigned to, I have many unsigned earrings and look for a matching pair to add as a bonus,if anybody knows who made them it would be great to know,.any help on the ID or tthe age or origin of this necklace is greatly appreciated, THANKS!

RED NECK

neck2

If plan "A" Didn't work. The alphabet has 25 more letters! stay cool.
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Well, first off, if the earrings are plastic and the necklace is glass, then what you have is a marriage, not a set. Same color, go together nicely, but not made together. Unsigned earrings are almost impossible to ID because the clips came from third-party suppliers who sold to many makers.

The necklace, on the other hand, might be worth researching. Those are unusual spacer bars. Try Sandy's dangles page (link is in the pinned Resources thread); I think she has something on spacers. Also look very carefully at the ring holding the J-hook; if the ends have tool marks or don't meet then the hook could be a replacement.

flotsamlogo
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you so much, will check that and continue looking for a match (on the metal parts that are attached to the strands), and yes, the hook ring I believe was changed because the ends do not meet, thanks again!

If plan "A" Didn't work. The alphabet has 25 more letters! stay cool.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply